Hotels in York - can anyone recommend one?

Travelodge is the best one so far - 46 quid! But I can only book 3 rooms on their website so might just give them a ring and see if theres more rooms available. Thanx guys!

They limit it for some reason - not sure why. You can get more though by calling. As I say, it's not 5star quality, but it's one of the good travelodges, and has everything you need. Was a year or two ago that I last stayed there as it's near the Courts too, but within easy walking distance of the town.

If you looking for cheap there's a youth hostel in york which is okay. I stayed there afew years ago when on a stag do. Can't remember the name unfortunately but do remember it was short taxi ride from the city centre. Just make sure if they ask when you book say your a bunch walkers or something like that, not they were bothered when we all turned up in suits ready for york races.

There are loads, from Novotel (has its own swimming pool) which is close to Clifford's Tower and York Museum and Dungeons, to Monk Bar Hotel (very central) to little B & Bs like Treetops off Bootham (which I prefer due to their personal touch).

You need to book as soon as possible and you might have trouble booking in numbers. York is turning into Blackpool at weekends with hen parties and stag dos virtually running amok (no longer confined to Micklegate). A problem which seriously needs addressing IMO.

A butchers here http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/tourism/ might help.

Archived