Richard Hawley gig at City Hall

smithy266

Couple of idiots in front of me (middle of Row C) talked all the way through Lisa Hannigan then lurched out halfway through Mr Hawley's set, annoying everyone in their way. Sadly they came back after 20 minutes...

Very emotional performance by the Pitsmoor lad!

MrsSmithy266 was quite shocked at the number of people getting up during the concert, coming back with beer, going out probably for a wee, coming back. In the old days, you just didn't take drinks into the auditorium. Drinks were for the interval.

We had the same experience at a Derren Brown event last year, it was like sitting in someone's living room, folk going out for pints then loos and talking throughout the act, it's very distracting and ignorant.

I wish City Hall staff could have a word we these types.

First of all, absolutely outstanding performance by Hawley and his band. On the 'nipping out for drinks/wee' front. When I saw him last at The Lyceum, there was only movevent in and out of the auditorium permitted between songs. Obviously a bigger venue such as the City Hall would make this slightly more difficult.

Is it just me that finds him extremely dull and very annoying in his professional Sheffielder mode? And why is he on BBC all the time pontiificating and in the SheffTelegraph every week?

The Longpigs were all right in a minor indie band way I suppose. But come on it's gone beyond a joke now. The backlash is long overdue.

Is it just me that finds him extremely dull and very annoying in his professional Sheffielder mode? .

It probably isn't just you. I guess that there are a few other folks out there with limited musical taste.

He was very good last night, although some of his new stuff does go on a bit.

Is it just me that finds him extremely dull and very annoying in his professional Sheffielder mode? And why is he on BBC all the time pontiificating and in the SheffTelegraph every week?

The Longpigs were all right in a minor indie band way I suppose. But come on it's gone beyond a joke now. The backlash is long overdue.

I wouldnt say he comes across as a "professional Sheffielder" more a man who's grown up in the city, done well for himself after working hard and getting nowhere for years and is proud of where he's from.

He's written some great songs and is funny between songs when playing live, long may he continue.

Archived