Help with Puffer Jacket cleaning

Hi everyone :D

Advice needed from the laundry-minded amongst you lot!

Washed my puffer jacket a month ago and left it to dry over a weekend whilst away

Came back and jacket very stinky!

Took it to nice laundry lady who said 'It'll be alreet....just needs a good drying love!'

3 turns in the tumbler did help....but still wiffy...which I pointed out to aforementioned lady....who went to phone a friend....and then told me that the feathers had all clumped together and that if I just kept shaking them all out, the smell should go.

Well....it's been a good few weeks now, and all the feathers have puffed out again in the lining.....no more clumps....but there's still a faint wiff.

So any advice for rescuing this coat? :help:

Or does it need to go to puffer heaven? :shakes:

Answers on a postcard please....

Love

Sol

:)

Hi everyone :D

Advice needed from the laundry-minded amongst you lot!

Washed my puffer jacket a month ago and left it to dry over a weekend whilst away

Came back and jacket very stinky!

Took it to nice laundry lady who said 'It'll be alreet....just needs a good drying love!'

3 turns in the tumbler did help....but still wiffy...which I pointed out to aforementioned lady....who went to phone a friend....and then told me that the feathers had all clumped together and that if I just kept shaking them all out, the smell should go.

Well....it's been a good few weeks now, and all the feathers have puffed out again in the lining.....no more clumps....but there's still a faint wiff.

So any advice for rescuing this coat? :help:

Or does it need to go to puffer heaven? :shakes:

Answers on a postcard please....

Love

Sol

:)

You got robbed. It must be full of bacteria and other germs. Call the Watchdog team quick :gag:

Re-wash it. Preferably in something like aerial febreeze, or add vanish ultra hygene to the wash. Tumble dry

If you're going to wash feathers and air dry them, it needs to be 30 degrees outside, stick it in the sun, and shake every 20 mins - half hour

Re-wash it. Preferably in something like aerial febreeze, or add vanish ultra hygene to the wash. Tumble dry

If you're going to wash feathers and air dry them, it needs to be 30 degrees outside, stick it in the sun, and shake every 20 mins - half hour

Sounds like theses things aren't worth bothering with. What you think?

Solomon1.

It's never advisable to clean down products yourself, Unless you absolutely know what you're doing. Now you've discovered that fact for yourself i recommend you take it's to Franklins, Or at least give them a call for advice rather than listen to advice on here.

They are the UK's foremost down cleaning experts and are endorsed by ALL serious down product manufacturers in the Uk including Rab, Britains leading high end producer of down camping/backpacking products.

Their details are -

W E Franklins Sheffield

457 Abbeydale Road

Sheffield

South Yorkshire

S7 1FS

Tel: 0114 268 6161 ext 2

Anything they don't know about down products isn't worth knowing, And whilst they aren't cheap (£28 to clean a down sleeping bag) if there's anyone out there who can take your jacket back to the day it came of the peg they are your people.

Disclaimer: I don't work for nor have any vested interest in any of the companies named above, Nor their affiliates, I'm just a very happy repeat customer, on a personal level.

Solomon1.

It's never advisable to clean down products yourself, Unless you absolutely know what you're doing. Now you've discovered that fact for yourself i recommend you take it's to Franklins, Or at least give them a call for advice rather than listen to advice on here.

They are the UK's foremost down cleaning experts and are endorsed by ALL serious down product manufacturers in the Uk including Rab, Britains leading high end producer of down camping/backpacking products.

Their details are -

W E Franklins Sheffield

457 Abbeydale Road

Sheffield

South Yorkshire

S7 1FS

Anything they don't know about down products isn't worth knowing, And whilst they aren't cheap (£28 to clean a down sleeping bag) if there's anyone out there who can take your jacket back to the day it came of the peg they are your people.

Disclaimer: I don't work for nor have any vested interest in any of the companies named above, Nor their affiliates, I'm just a very happy repeat customer, on a personal level.

In what way? :hihi:

thanks my love....was just going to stick it on a hot wash again as you suggest, until i read harestone's post :)

hope you've been keeping well?

Solomon1.

Their details are -

W E Franklins Sheffield

457 Abbeydale Road

Sheffield

South Yorkshire

S7 1FS

you are a diamond, thank you :love:

you are a diamond, thank you :love:

You're very welcome, But please don't do anything further with the jacket yourself if you value it, They are quite an investment, And as you know will last a lifetime if cared for properly, That's why you bought it, ;) Yours just needs a little tlc to bring it back to day 1.

Archived