Help with Puffer Jacket cleaning

You're very welcome, But please don't do anything further with the jacket yourself if you value it, They are quite an investment, And as you know will last a lifetime if cared for properly, That's why you bought it, ;) Yours just needs a little tlc to bring it back to day 1.

Why are 'puffer' cardigans so special?? :suspect:

You're very welcome, But please don't do anything further with the jacket yourself if you value it, They are quite an investment, And as you know will last a lifetime if cared for properly, That's why you bought it, ;) Yours just needs a little tlc to bring it back to day 1.

bless you harestone, i ain't touchin it no more i promise thee! :D

am interested in how they can last a lifetime tho? if the outer skin gets worn through i mean?

Sounds like theses things aren't worth bothering with. What you think?

sorry, I don't agree

Nothing has been invented which can do the job nature spent thousands of years perfecting, so I'm a big fan of natural products such as feathers, leather, fur, and wool/sheepskin... they just need a little maintenance, but will outlast cheap imitations by a lifetime if treated right

Joanna Lumley was forced to rethink her 'it looks just as good' stance on fur when sent to a reindeer herd, and she found out fake fur is utterly rubbish at keeping you warm :P

i blimmin LOVE SF :banana:

comes up trumps

EVERY blimmin time

:love::D

Almost. :D

Their actual cleaning facility is located at - 116-120, Onslow Road, S11 7AH. I'm not sure if you'd need to go there instead of the address i posted above, Or if that address is their "front end" or business counter, So maybe give them a ring first.

Apologies for the error/any confusion. :)

sorry, I don't agree

Nothing has been invented which can do the job nature spent thousands of years perfecting, so I'm a big fan of natural products such as feathers, leather, fur, and wool/sheepskin... they just need a little maintenance, but will outlast cheap imitations by a lifetime if treated right

Joanna Lumley was forced to rethink her 'it looks just as good' stance on fur when sent to a reindeer herd, and she found out fake fur is utterly rubbish at keeping you warm :P

He's the forum jester winding you up lol, i found that out just after i joined. :D

You should know already with how long you've been here going on your post count. :)

thanks my love....was just going to stick it on a hot wash again as you suggest, until i read harestone's post :)

hope you've been keeping well?

erm, no! Not a hot wash!

I wash and tumble dry feather pillows on a regular basis, after demoting a couple to dog bedding and deciding it was wash or bin, so worth a punt. They take forever to dry though, so sunlight to get the worst out before tumble to re-fluff is preferred

If you don't count the culture shock of motherhood, I'm keeping okay ta ;)

How's yourself (besides freezing in this weather without a decent coat)?

Hi everyone :D

Advice needed from the laundry-minded amongst you lot!

Washed my puffer jacket a month ago and left it to dry over a weekend whilst away

Came back and jacket very stinky!

Took it to nice laundry lady who said 'It'll be alreet....just needs a good drying love!'

3 turns in the tumbler did help....but still wiffy...which I pointed out to aforementioned lady....who went to phone a friend....and then told me that the feathers had all clumped together and that if I just kept shaking them all out, the smell should go.

Well....it's been a good few weeks now, and all the feathers have puffed out again in the lining.....no more clumps....but there's still a faint wiff.

So any advice for rescuing this coat? :help:

Or does it need to go to puffer heaven? :shakes:

Answers on a postcard please....

Love

Sol

:)

You'll need to get replacement feathers for it. You can buy these singly, or in packs of six from 'Duckdown and Quiver Feather Emporium' ... lottapluck.con

He's the forum jester winding you up lol, i found that out just after i joined. :D

You should know already with how long you've been here going on your post count. :)

bloody smart phone zooms into posts and crops the poster off the side :rolleyes:

bless you harestone, i ain't touchin it no more i promise thee! :D

am interested in how they can last a lifetime tho? if the outer skin gets worn through i mean?

Well i obviously don't know how much you invested in the jacket but i do know they aren't cheap, I've paid from £60 to £300 for my jackets, The pricier ones have literally kept me alive on expeditions well below freezing, So they're treated with kid gloves, The shell (outer material) will still be in excellent condition when i'm pushing up daisies i assure you. :)

sorry, I don't agree

I'm not bothered about all that stuff. I watch 'Carry On' films. Shirley fake stuff is just as good? I've had 'real' stuff and it goes well mank in the rain.

Archived