Sexual exploitation of children by Pakistanis in South Yorkshire

chem1st

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/council-chiefs-vow-to-bring-child-grooming-offenders-to-justice-1-4956763

How many cops do they have dedicated to traffic duties! Speeding etc.

MP Dennis MacShane-

In one breath-

We need to tackle the alienation of so many young Asian men from modern society. Sadly the endemic poverty and growing joblessness especially amongst young British men in South Yorkshire with Asian parents who often face prejudice in getting jobs creates a no-work, no-hope, no-future.

“The culture of waiting to be married with someone from overseas instead of normal healthy boy-girl relationships, including responsible caring sexual relationships at the right time and age, leaves some Asian men confused as they see the rampant sexual availability promoted by the media.

And in the next-

It is highly misleading to categorise these sexual abusers as ‘Asians’ or ‘Muslims’..the men are wholly unrepresentative of British Asians and of British Muslims.”

Not saying the second bit isnt true but lets just call a spade a spade and address the problem hey?

OK- I'm going to wade in with my opinion and hope that the thread stays about for a bit and that everybody else can remain respectful in their posting too.

I abhor child abuse and child abusers, and that applies no matter the colour of skin, race, creed or religion of both the abusers and their victims. No matter who they are they should face the full force of the law.

Anybody who denies, impedes or alters the expectations and laws applied to any child abuser should themselves be subject to the scrutiny of an independent investigator and prosecution themselves.

That said, anybody who believes that only people of one race, or one gender, or one religion, are potentially going to become child abusers really needs to have their eyes opened. Child abuse is as old as the human race- it's abhorrent, but it's not new, and it's not race/culture specific.

OK- I'm going to wade in with my opinion and hope that the thread stays about for a bit and that everybody else can remain respectful in their posting too.

I abhor child abuse and child abusers, and that applies no matter the colour of skin, race, creed or religion of both the abusers and their victims. No matter who they are they should face the full force of the law.

Anybody who denies, impedes or alters the expectations and laws applied to any child abuser should themselves be subject to the scrutiny of an independent investigator and prosecution themselves.

That said, anybody who believes that only people of one race, or one gender, or one religion, are potentially going to become child abusers really needs to have their eyes opened. Child abuse is as old as the human race- it's abhorrent, but it's not new, and it's not race/culture specific.

Indeed it isnt, but a certain type of culture may be more inclined to a type of behavour. For example a culture where womens rights are not as important as mens rights may lead to womens rights (and women) being routinely abused.

I think the issue is actually why it was covered up for so long by SYP. That's the investigation and inquiry that needs to be done and SYP should do the honourable thing and report themselves to the IPCC.

Well only the Mods can decide weather it stays up or not.

However I agree with you entirely it doesnt matter what race colour or creed you are every community has problems. However the reason this is an issue is that people are afraid to target this issue with certain groups.

It shouldnt matter what person commits this offence it should be tackled but unfortunatly it does and this has lead to the cover up rather than it being tackled and the people punished.

I think the issue is actually why it was covered up for so long by SYP. That's the investigation and inquiry that needs to be done and SYP should do the honourable thing and report themselves to the IPCC.

And covered up by Councillors (and local government officers) in Rotherham MBC, as well.

Why should they not be investigated too?

However I agree with you entirely it doesnt matter what race colour or creed you are every community has problems. However the reason this is an issue is that people are afraid to target this issue with certain groups.

It shouldnt matter what person commits this offence it should be tackled but unfortunatly it does and this has lead to the cover up rather than it being tackled and the people punished.

As The Times correctly points out:

a. most child abusers in the UK are white and born here; whereas

b. most of the predatory gangs active in Rochdale/Rotherham/etc. are neither.

it isn't exclusive to any race,i recall hearing some similar stories about a certain mediterranean race over here in the sixties,but that was at a time when prosecutions of this nature were unfortunately non existant.

well not a lot as changed then as the prosecutions are still non existant or carry a term that a shoplifter would get ooops caps on the grammer polizia will gun me down :D

Archived