Sorry, we only help men

Absolutely shameful.

I was 'slightly' amused by one quote in the report.

Attacker Mawawe Ibraham Karam was jailed for 10 years on Thursday after admitting rape. He exposed himself to a judge at Nottingham crown court before shouting: “I’m guilty, I’m guilty.”

I bet he got a couple of extra years for that little stunt. The lunatic actually needs locking up, and the key throwing away!

Indead, shocking!

Parents allow 17 year old girl out drinking in town!

(not to detract from the rape which is also shocking)

I'm slightly puzzled. Why would parents allowing 17 year old out have any relevance? Do they ask to get raped by some nutter?

Or is it, that they shouldn't be allowed out, as they 'might' get raped by some nutter.

Surely the age is irrelevant? It's could be someone 25, or 55, or whatever.

I suppose to guarantee it, you just shouldn't 'go out'. Oh, but then nutters break into homes and rape people don't they? Such a dilemma!

Before we all get into a rage against the Sally Army, lets not forget the last line of the article:

The Salvation Army said yesterday: “Our centre in Sneinton has been caring for the vulnerable for years and is a well integrated part of the local community.

“We have no record of the allegation made in court but will be investigating this further.

“We would never knowingly turn away a person in need.”

Two sides to every story.

Well said Pete, the age of the victim has little to do with the case, it sounds like a veiled attempt to blame the victim.

PS - Can anyone here claim that they didn't go out with friends for a drink at the age of 17?

I 'could' claim it, but I'd be lying through my teeth! :hihi:

Before we all get into a rage against the Sally Army, lets not forget the last line of the article:

Two sides to every story.

There always is two sides. But for me the shocking thing was that passers by and taxi's just turned a blind eye too.

I'm sort of torn with the dilemma. Would I have helped or 'not wanted to get involved'? I'm not sure to be honest. On the one hand it's easy to say, yes of course I would have helped out, but that's very, very easy to 'say'. Or might it have been the situation where you wouldn't want to have got involved?

Perhaps on balance, I think I might have tried to lend a hand, even if it was only to phone plod!

Archived