Strange fishy smell

We had that fishy smell a couple of years ago in a bedroom that backed onto the shower wall, it was caused by water leaking from the shower unit and it had started rotting the timber floor and bearers under the carpet in the bedroom, we didn't see it straight away, as it was behind the door.

think i've found the problem.bulb holder in bedroom had gone brown round edges,sorted that problem out but could still smell it a bit in loft over where shower is, i felt wires and they didn't seem hot but the shower stopped working this morning so i think it is certainly something to do with that.my girlfriends ex fitted the shower who wasn't an electrician so i'm just gonna get a new one fitted plus i think we need a new fuse box fitting as we still have the old style black one. its gonna probably cost a small fortune but well worth it in end.defenately getting it done on next payday which will be around 15th october. probably have mjb electricians out as we have used them once before and he did reccommend getting new fuse box done.wake up call!!

Archived