Should I cancel my SKY subscription

chocki

I am on the verge of getting rid of my Sky package which I pay just under £40 per month for. This includes Sky TV/Sky+/SKYTALK/Free Broadband. This is lot of money and could be better spent elsewhere. Question is: will I miss it?

I love the Sky+ box for the recording and I do like the documentaries available on Sky.

With everyone(or majority of people) having mobile phones now, I could access the internet on there and use it to make phone calls. Anyone who was not very happy I can't be reached on a landline, they could just text me and I could ring them back, easy peasy....or is it!

Am I thinking logically? All thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have a full social life ? Perhaps go to the theatre or cinema midweek and out with various circles of friends at weekend. Then there's the gym of course.

None of that really applies to me so I have sky. I'm ditching movies though.

What would spend 40 a month on instead (bearing in mind you'll have to fork out for broadband and phonecalls).

Do you have a full social life ? Perhaps go to the theatre or cinema midweek and out with various circles of friends at weekend. Then there's the gym of course.

None of that really applies to me so I have sky. I'm ditching movies though.

What would spend 40 a month on instead (bearing in mind you'll have to fork out for broadband and phonecalls).

My mobile phone costs me £10-12 per month and this allows me internet access and something like a daft amount of minutes call time and so many free texts. It's a HTC Wildfire S. This name means nothing to me, that's why I'm wondering if I am thinking along the right lines!

Just need a few peoples opinions first. I know only I can make the final decision

I am not a big user of the internet, I like to use it for Facebook and, of course, Sheffield Forum. There are times when it does come in useful for other things but not enough to bother me.Again, I would be able to receive my e-mails via mobile phone

My mobile phone costs me £10-12 per month and this allows me internet access and something like a daft amount of minutes call time and so many free texts. It's a HTC Wildfire S. This name means nothing to me, that's why I'm wondering if I am thinking along the right lines!

Just need a few peoples opinions first. I know only I can make the final decision

I am not a big user of the internet, I like to use it for Facebook and, of course, Sheffield Forum. There are times when it does come in useful for other things but not enough to bother me.Again, I would be able to receive my e-mails via mobile phone

You could receive emails through your phone and access Sheffield forum on it (as I am now) but you need to make sure you have a decent 3G signal or progress will be very slow. Forget about watching films or anything like that on it, in my experience of YouTube vids on 3G anyway.

We ditched Sky and got Freesat. If you really enjoy your TV and what Sky offers there's no comparison - Sky has a lot more. But if you're happy with a basic package of channels freesat costs nowt once you've got the receiver box. We bought a receiver box and just plugged it into the existing dish. Cost about £100. If you want Sky+ type functionality you can spend a bit more and get a receiver box with HDR. I won't lie, I do miss the range of channels on Sky but I also like having an extra £500 a year in my pocket.

Good site for info: http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/

Archived