Rip off credit card charges to book concert tickets

I wanting two buy 2 tickets for a concert , each with a face value price of £42.50 and Sheffield Motorpoint Arena want to charge me £8.50 for using either of my cards , RIP OFF :mad: , i have read that these type of transactions cost as little as 20p

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/borrowing/creditcards/8974365/Credit-card-fees-to-be-banned-in-crackdown-on-surcharges.html

Is is specifically 'credit card charge' or is it 'booking fee'.

Most likely its nothing to do with paying by card, if you turned up at the box office with a wad of cash you'd still probably have to pay it.

The booking fees can be quite large unfortunately, its where the ticket agents make their money. Sadly the face value of a concert ticket rarely represents anything close to what you pay these days.

Agree, a total rip off. Always use cash at the Arena box office - there's a cash machine in Centretainment. At some time (hopefully fairly soon) there is to be a law restricting what can be charged for using a card to what it actually costs - in the case of debit cards this is less than 10p per transaction.

Agree, a total rip off. Always use cash at the Arena box office - there's a cash machine in Centretainment. At some time (hopefully fairly soon) there is to be a law restricting what can be charged for using a card to what it actually costs - in the case of debit cards this is less than 10p per transaction.

Primarily aimed at cheap airlines, but it should stop any business that lies about the amount it costs to use a card payment.

I wanting two buy 2 tickets for a concert , each with a face value price of £42.50 and Sheffield Motorpoint Arena want to charge me £8.50 for using either of my cards , RIP OFF :mad: , i have read that these type of transactions cost as little as 20p

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/borrowing/creditcards/8974365/Credit-card-fees-to-be-banned-in-crackdown-on-surcharges.html

The £8.50 was not for using your card but a "booking fee". This fee helps cover the costs of the outlet where you purchased the ticket from.

I have found out that the £8.50 is a booking fee and it would apply to either my credit card and my debit card . I would love to know exactly how much it actually costs them to process this , and I bet its nowhere near £8.50 . I'm sure I'm not the only one who is looking forward to these unfair charges being outlawed , rip off merchants they are .

Archived