Syria - enough is enough

I was watching the news on Sky while I was out and hearing horror stories of childrens' throats being cut, of children being lined up as a shields - surely something can be done - what is the worst that can happen to countries such as the UK, USA and maybe others if they defy the UN and invade Syria?

In years to come it may become a shameful blot on the history of the world if we allowed this to happen

Mainly because we will get arse kicked by all the other countries in the Muslim world for interfering and illegally invading. Including by Syria itself whatever happens there. Just look at Libya now! It's a mess!

It wouldn't be the first time that the 'west' has turned a blind eye to what happens in the middle east. What about the Iran Iraq war....that dragged on for around 10 years while everyone just stood back and said let them get on with it, it's their dispute!

I was watching the news on Sky while I was out and hearing horror stories of childrens' throats being cut, of children being lined up as a shields - surely something can be done - what is the worst that can happen to countries such as the UK, USA and maybe others if they defy the UN and invade Syria?

In years to come it may become a shameful blot on the history of the world if we allowed this to happen

Hmmm, let me think - a massive death toll, political chaos and a widening conflict across the middle east spring to mind for starters, so I wouldn't advocate invasion.

There's never been a war when children havent died so nothing new there.

The UN has tried it's best given it's limitations in it's ability to arrange a cease fire between both sides. Cant fault the UN in that respect

The Russians have continued to supply Assad with weaponry. No one really knows who the rebels are. There are reasons to believe that factions of Al Qaeda are among them

The Arab Leagie appear to be completely useless

It would be political suicide for any American president to involve the country in yet another middle east war.

In short the situation is FUBAR

Mainly because we will get arse kicked by all the other countries in the Muslim world for interfering and illegally invading. Including by Syria itself whatever happens there. Just look at Libya now! It's a mess!

It wouldn't be the first time that the 'west' has turned a blind eye to what happens in the middle east. What about the Iran Iraq war....that dragged on for around 10 years while everyone just stood back and said let them get on with it, it's their dispute!

I think the world has learned to leave them to it. We risked lives in Libya to help the rebels only to have western embassies attacked and diplomats murdered. I wonder why we bother putting British lives on the line for folks who months later are burning our flag and attacking our interests.

That is the problem in the middle east. The dictators are vile creatures but it perhaps takes a vile creature to stop the population murdering one another and anyone who doesn't conform to their religeous indoctrination.

Is Egypt really a better place now than it was 2 years ago?

Archived