Syria - enough is enough

So you heard stories, but did you see any proof it was of Assad's doing?

You need to very careful of propaganda at a time like this.

Remember the old Saddam's troops throwing babies out of incubators and other tales?

Those Kurdish women and children didnt die from Saddams chemical weapons either did they? You must have been there no doubt to see that it was all vicious lies and propaganda.

No kids suffered like those in WW2 and after the war the allies at one time denied food to thousands of starving children in Germany, many of them orphans and some crippled or missing limbs, living in bombed out ruins.

My own father, a soldier during the occupation of Germany in 1945 found himself 'on a charge'. He and his mates were buying food from a Church Army canteen and giving it to starving German kids. It was a Church Army Captain who reported them...............a truly Christian act ??

Those Kurdish women and children didnt die from Saddams chemical weapons either did they? You must have been there no doubt to see that it was all vicious lies and propaganda.

But who was to blame for the actual chemical weapons....I know a lot of people just say the US but that isn`t true.

Wikipedia's article on Iraq's WMDs gives a good rundown of the international contributions:

All told, 52% of Iraq's international chemical weapon equipment was of German origin.

Around 21% of Iraq’s international chemical weapon equipment was French.

About 100 tons of mustard gas also came from Brazil.

The United Kingdom paid for a chlorine factory that was intended to be used for manufacturing mustard gas

An Austrian company gave Iraq calutrons for enriching uranium. The nation also provided heat exchangers, tanks, condensers, and columns for the Iraqi chemical weapons infrastructure, 16% of the international sales.

Singapore gave 4,515 tons of precursors for VX, sarin, tabun, and mustard gasses to Iraq.

The Dutch gave 4,261 tons of precursors for sarin, tabun, mustard, and tear gasses to Iraq.

Egypt gave 2,400 tons of tabun and sarin precursors to Iraq and 28,500 tons of weapons designed for carrying chemical munitions.

India gave 2,343 tons of precursors to VX, tabun, Sarin, and mustard gasses.

Luxemburg gave Iraq 650 tons of mustard gas precursors.

Spain gave Iraq 57,500 munitions designed for carrying chemical weapons. In addition, they provided reactors, condensers, columns and tanks for Iraq’s chemical warfare program, 4.4% of the international sales.

China provided 45,000 munitions designed for chemical warfare.

A lot of countries are accountable for those deaths.

No kids suffered like those in WW2 and after the war the allies at one time denied food to thousands of starving children in Germany, many of them orphans and some crippled or missing limbs, living in bombed out ruins.

My own father, a soldier during the occupation of Germany in 1945 found himself 'on a charge'. He and his mates were buying food from a Church Army canteen and giving it to starving German kids. It was a Church Army Captain who reported them...............a truly Christian act ??

The army was full of twerp rear echelon officers back then. My dad used to call them Blimps

what is the worst that can happen

Iraq: Documented death toll 108,979-118.972

Afghanistan, Iraq Wars Killed 132,000 Civilians, Report Says

A study published in The Lancet determined that 100,000 Iraqi civilians died after the 2003 invasion who would not otherwise have died (link).

they estimate that 100,000 more Iraqis died than would have been expected had the invasion not occurred. Eighty-four percent of the violent deaths were reported to be caused by the actions of Coalition forces and 95 percent of those deaths were due to air strikes and artillery.

The study was conducted by Johns Hopkins University.

But hey, they're only brown people. They'll breed 'em back in a generation or two anyway.

Heaven alone knows why most of the Middle East hates us. Must be that they "hate our freedoms".

Yes, that must be it.

They wont intervene. THe military are worn from Iraq and 11 years in Afghanistan. There have been too many rotations of soldiers, families have been broken up and too many soldiers suffering from traumatic stress disorders plus an ever increasing number of suicides by soldiers who just cant.

take being sent to Afganistan again.

orphans and some crippled or missing limbs, living in bombed out ruins

I would'nt be to sure about that

Philip Giraldi, a former senior CIA officer whose career postings included Turkey, wrote in the US magazine ‘The American Conservative’

quote/

“Unmarked NATO warplanes are arriving at Turkish military bases close to Iskenderum on the Syrian border, delivering weapons from the late Muammar Gadaffi’s arsenals as well as volunteers from the Libyan Transitional National Council who are experienced in pitting local volunteers against trained soldiers, a skill they acquired confronting Gadaffi’s army. Iskenderum is also the seat of the Free Syrian Army, the armed wing of the Syrian National Council. French and British special forces trainers are on the ground assisting the Syrian rebels while the CIA and US Spec Ops are providing communications equipment and intelligence…..Syrian government claims that it is being assaulted by rebels who are armed, trained and financed by foreign governments are more true than false”. None of this has been mentioned in the Western press: why not?

And that's an utterly unrealistic response. You simply cannot get rid of a belief system that's followed by a substantial percentage of the world's population.

The most anyone can realistically hope to achieve is to marginalise extremists and promote and support moderates.

It wouldn't be followed by so many if they weren't brain washed and indoctrinated from birth. Support for most religions drops once non conformists stop being stoned to death and burned at the stake.

A couple of generations down the line many British muslims seem to adopt western dress and visit pubs. I don't think many see the need to force feed their offsprings on religion and make them chant the Koran for 5 hours a day.

It wouldn't be followed by so many if they weren't brain washed and indoctrinated from birth. Support for most religions drops once non conformists stop being stoned to death and burned at the stake.

A couple of generations down the line many British muslims seem to adopt western dress and visit pubs. I don't think many see the need to force feed their offsprings on religion and make them chant the Koran for 5 hours a day.

They arent real muslim my friend . A woman cannot racy dress in Islam , or a muslim cannot visit pubs in Islam . il leur est interdit , forbidden . but you cannot do it with forced to people , people should want it with willingy , if it doesnt want to do , also he/she not real muslim . For example me , so called I'm muslim elhamdulillah . But in islam says '' women should cover their head '' , but my head is open , I dont follow this rule , I'm not a real muslim ... 5 times worship in islam for dont deceive to things mundane ... and it is dont hard , each of only 5 munites , so in one day only half an hour ...

sorry it is hard to understand for me ... I undestand some part ... yes insulting to Hz.Muhammed (s.a.v.) is so bad manners , yes it would be a react to this film , but it wouldt be kill the people , like usa envoy ...people should respect each other's faith . I hope nobody kill who make this film ...now there is reward on they head , who kill them will take money ... sorry for english ...
Well done B_Girl_Turco. What you wrote was easy to understand, so welcome to the forum.:)

In something like the same thing, pilots flying the Berlin Airlift, both British and American would open their side windows while landing at Templehof and throw out candy to the hundreds of kids waiting below. Just a little gesture of humanity, but appreciated by a defeated nation.:)

Archived