Tories selling off NHS to their Party Donors.

Nope. You are putting words into my mouth. I haven't made any comment for or against the blog in the OP. You may wish to acknowledge your error there but I won't hold my breath.

I am, at this stage, simply interested in your motivation to immediately jump in and attempt to discredit the initially referenced blog rather than address any of the claims made in it or, simply, ignore it.

OK, I'm my error I have made an assumption, but then again it was a fair assumption in my opinion. But then again, opinion is considered fact here and so what I said must be true :) But why are you assuming I would not acknowledged such an error?

Anyway, my reason for linking the alternative blog is to highlight the futility of the argument. If the OP had presented a BBC news link we would not be having this discussion, but presenting another persons personal opinion as fact is the issue.

I'm not proclaiming the link of the blogger in the OP is right wrong or indifferent, but if you look at it, he does provide external links to substantiate his claims (although 2 of them are actually his own blog...but I'm sure the claims made could easily be verified in the wider context).

I suppose it's the conclusions drawn from the facts he presents that are open to interpretation!

And that's the issue with personal blogs. The information is subjective not impartial. If we wanted to be spoon fed a one sided argument, we would all be reading the daily mail and watching fox news.

OK, I'm my error I have made an assumption, but then again it was a fair assumption in my opinion. But then again, opinion is considered fact here and so what I said must be true :) But why are you assuming I would not acknowledged such an error?

Anyway, my reason for linking the alternative blog is to highlight the futility of the argument. If the OP had presented a BBC news link we would not be having this discussion, but presenting another persons personal opinion as fact is the issue.

OK. That's well reasoned. If, however, you read the blog and follow its links you will see that the claims are backed up by evidence from "reputable sources" as Pete has pointed out.

Furthermore, the blog you quoted sought to discredit the first author by simply pointing out that he once made an uninformed rant. If that were suitable reason to ignore his views then surely this, equally uninformed rant, would mean that your views, also, are to be ignored:

it would seem that after all of the effort and some cashing in by many of the big stores, that the whole bag for life / plastic bag issue has been one big con.

we are reminded over and over how a bag for life is so much better than using those nasty evil plastic bags and some businesses, such as B&Q who now charge you for a plastic bag under the environmentalism-guise.

pop over to the bbc here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17027990 and have a read, then play with the info-graphic.

Finally, and most importantly: given that I do take on board your point re. futility but also getting back to my earlier implication, why did you choose this particular "futile argument" to get involved with? The fact you got involved at all would suggest you had some motivation to show the OP to be "wrong" or you wouldn't have bothered.

Thanks for the acknowledgement re. what I didn't say, by the way. That's refreshing.

And that's the issue with personal blogs. The information is subjective not impartial. If we wanted to be spoon fed a one sided argument, we would all be reading the daily mail and watching fox news.

- and andrewemmerson.co.uk. You have done exactly what you criticise - by dismissing the OP because Emmerson told you to, rather than checking out the claims in the OP.

Thank Goodness Labour never did anything like this. Oh, hang on:

The Labour Party has its own ties to private health care. McKinsey & Co, which drew up many of the proposals finally accepted into the Health and Social Care Bill, paid David Miliband, Labour MP for South Shields and brother of the current Labour leader, Ed Miliband, £10,000 in February 2010 for a speech at a Global Business Leaders Summit. This was the same year that he was positioning himself for the leadership of the Labour Party in a contest lost to his brother. In March 2011, he received a further £10,044 from the same company for travel expenses and accommodation in Singapore.

Alan Milburn, the former health secretary under Labour, was a consultant for Alliance Medical’s parent company. Alliance Medical runs diagnostic services for the NHS, including in Birmingham and Falkirk. In 2008, his registered parliamentary interests highlight that he was a member of Lloyds pharmacy’s Healthcare Advisory panel and was paid in the region of £30,000.

Also in 2008, Milburn was a member of the European Advisory Board of Bridgepoint Capital Limited, the private equity firm that acquired Care UK.

Labour’s Lord Peter Mandelson was also registered as late as May 2012 as a senior advisor to an international advisory investment bank known as at Lazard Ltd, which holds corporate interests in private health care.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2012/sep2012/nhs-s12.shtml

I didn't see the OP or many others posting this at the time.

Thank Goodness Labour never did anything like this. Oh, hang on:

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2012/sep2012/nhs-s12.shtml

I didn't see the OP or many others posting this at the time.

The plain fact is, that they've all got their snouts in the same trough! They're all as bad as each other!...and that is a fact! ;)

- and andrewemmerson.co.uk. You have done exactly what you criticise - by dismissing the OP because Emmerson told you to' date=' rather than checking out the claims in the OP.[/quote']

I didnt dismissed anything. In fact I sad earlier in repy to you:

Not really as I wouldn't want to agree or disagree with it as its not from a reputable source.

You are now putting words into my mouth. You may wish to acknowledge your error now :P

I didnt dismissed anything. In fact I sad earlier in repy to you:

You are now putting words into my mouth. You may wish to acknowledge your error now :P

Well, I would if I felt I was in error; especially since you showed me that courtesy. This, however, reads like a dismissal to me:

Here is another blog discrediting the author of your referenced blog:

http://andrewemmerson.co.uk/2012/02/the-ridiculousness-of-dr-eoin-clarke-and-the-green-benches/

The plain fact is, that they've all got their snouts in the same trough! They're all as bad as each other!...and that is a fact! ;)

Very true. The link I posted also has some Lib Dems on the list too.

Its just sad the way certain posters put up threads attacking the current government, but fail to do a bit of research to find its been happening for years with other parties.

It was the same with the outrage of the selling of school playing fields.

Archived