Memories of Pitsmoor

Falls

I think that you'll find that this was me as I taught Winky and the rest how to play the beautiful game......................

No I'm sure it was me as people have since compared me to the late , great Herbert Arbuthnott, one of the first exponents of the old "trip up, graze your shin and scream technique."

I remember one Sunday morning, me and my mates were having a game on the rec, we were about 16 yrs old, and a group of blokes challenged us to a game at £5 per man, but only after we'd all had 6 pints at the Rock Inn.

We declined because we couldn't afford 6 pints.

I went to school with Owen and David Campbell and Jasper.

Jasper, isn't he one of the Belgraves.

Ivaline, or Evelin was in my class.

Any news on these guys today, I saw David a couple of years ago, looked very smart.

Was Ivaline a coloured lassi also named Sonia? is this the same girl?

Hi everyone Im very new to this.

I am on a mission to find things out about my late Grandad I never met but wish I had.

He used to sing in a club in Pitsmoore probably in the 50's.

His name was Ernest Huges, he made one record and I really want to find it, apparantly it ws passed around friends and now no one is sure where it is :(

If any one could help me out I would really really appreciate it.

well it is a thread in the Sheffield History section, and people over a certain age will know more about History than those who still have their milk teeth. Looking in the History section is voluntary, don't make an issue out of it.

well said pitsmoor lad he will think of the olds days s ome day

• 1 month later...
Anybody remember John and Iris Webster they lived on Bramber Street.

They had a lad called Paul who will be about 57 now.

I vaugely remember Paul, same age as me, I used to play with him sometimes. I lived near the Merry Heart pub, Paul used to have a large tank made from wood and painted Green we used to shove it all over Brunswick Rd.

talking about grocery shops do you remember the one at the bottom ofCathrine st corner of Burngreave Bank I worked with the son called Ray Icannot remember his second name ! poor old lad took to drink and choked one night on his vomit he was only 24

I think the name you are looking for is Simpson but I could be wrong.

Thanks: Websters are a distant relative not seen for years.Do you know if Paul had any brothers or sisters.Do you know if his dad lived with them when you played with him.Have you any idea what area they moved to after they left Pitsmoor.

Sorry creswick, I would love to answer your questions but am unable to. I just dont have any answers, it was such a long time ago and the grey matter is not what it was . But hopefully someone on this forum may be able to help you. good luck.

Does anyone remember clun street 1960s pitsmoor wasnt too bad then.Does anyone remember a big house at the top of the road,a women lived there who had loads of kids.There used to be a old lady who lived on the street called mrs kitson.i was only about 4 or 5 then but i have clear recollections living around there.There was a photographers on burngreave rd called fred knaggs anyone remember that.Im 46 now so i would be interested if anyone who is around that age or older who remembers certain places as it was then.My gran lived on sutherland road,can anyone remember the reck with swings and that, i used to play on there when i was a kid.Also the old church at the top of the road,they pulled it down didnt they and built a new one.

Hi,

I remember Fred Knaggs shop being a car spares place for a while. My dad used to go there to Naggies, as he called it.