Memories of Pitsmoor

Falls

Didnt you live near the Burns and Ellises family?

The names don't ring a bell, I lived at the top of the hill near the rec. There was another Shaun Fl lived off Rock St, bit of a barmpot. Almost got thrown out of the Rock after being mistaken for him. Could not handle that, the beer was spot on in there in those days.:):):)

The names don't ring a bell, I lived at the top of the hill near the rec. There was another Shaun Fl lived off Rock St, bit of a barmpot. Almost got thrown out of the Rock after being mistaken for him. Could not handle that, the beer was spot on in there in those days.:):):)

Must admit, you do seem a nicer person than the 1 i new. What years did you live round pitsmoor?

Must admit, you do seem a nicer person than the 1 i new. What years did you live round pitsmoor?

Thanks for that Lynn. Born there 1954 and left in 1984, loved the place and still really miss it and the people. I feel really bad about it's problems nowadays.

Thanks for that Lynn. Born there 1954 and left in 1984, loved the place and still really miss it and the people. I feel really bad about it's problems nowadays.

you are only a year older than me, never know our paths may have crossed.

Hi all, new to Sheffield Forum. Came across this this thread and read all the posts. It brought back a lot of good memories as i was brought up in pitsmoor in the 60s. I remember all the shops mentioned and the White House Chippie. My friend Wendy Nightingale parents owned it. I lived on Nottingham St facing the old police box and few yards from the co-op with my 3 brothers Paul, Kevin and Gary and my sister Denise. Kids we used to go about with were, Kevin, Paul and Sylvia Burns, Steve and Trevor Ellis, Joan and Jackie Shepherd Roger Froggart, Robin Crow, Steve Broadhust, Marie Staff. Susan Fitton and many others. More or less we all went to Pye Bank School and Burngreave School. Many great times i had at Pitsmoor. Havnt been there in years, has it changed much?

I also knew Wendy very well when we were young, my ma Rita worked for her dad Peter in the Whitehouse for many years and then later for Bernard and Cath, they were all good friends of my family.

I also knew Wendy very well when we were young, my ma Rita worked for her dad Peter in the Whitehouse for many years and then later for Bernard and Cath, they were all good friends of my family.

Didnt they also own a beeroff and live above the premises. Any idea where they moved to.

Hi all, new to Sheffield Forum. Came across this this thread and read all the posts. It brought back a lot of good memories as i was brought up in pitsmoor in the 60s. I remember all the shops mentioned and the White House Chippie. My friend Wendy Nightingale parents owned it. I lived on Nottingham St facing the old police box and few yards from the co-op with my 3 brothers Paul, Kevin and Gary and my sister Denise. Kids we used to go about with were, Kevin, Paul and Sylvia Burns, Steve and Trevor Ellis, Joan and Jackie Shepherd Roger Froggart, Robin Crow, Steve Broadhust, Marie Staff. Susan Fitton and many others. More or less we all went to Pye Bank School and Burngreave School. Many great times i had at Pitsmoor. Havnt been there in years, has it changed much?

I lived on Somerset Street for a couple of years 1971/73 and knew Wendy Nightingale well, spent lots of time chatting her up as she sat behind the counter of the beer off attached to The Catherine Arms, that is until her mother got caught me and threw me out. Even managed to kiss her on a couple of occassions, but generally I didn't get a look in as my mate Sam had a massive crush on her and warned me off. Wonder what happened to them?

I lived on Somerset Street for a couple of years 1971/73 and knew Wendy Nightingale well, spent lots of time chatting her up as she sat behind the counter of the beer off attached to The Catherine Arms, that is until her mother got caught me and threw me out. Even managed to kiss her on a couple of occassions, but generally I didn't get a look in as my mate Sam had a massive crush on her and warned me off. Wonder what happened to them?

I wondered that. My dad lived on Somerset St, next to the Fittons. Did you know May and Angela Somerset, they lived on Somerset Rd.

I know there was Mr and Mrs Legdon live at no 76, they were an old couple who had lived there for many years. Bolsover does ring a bell, think they lived across the road.

Hi,

I remember my grandmother used to talk about a Mrs Legdon but never knew exactly where she lived. All long time ago - 50 to 60 years I would think.

Regards