Memories of Pitsmoor

Falls

I know you from that area, you were in the same school year as Andrew Croxton and you lived near Graeme Wright and Mark Watts, I lived on Ellesmere Rd not far from Andrew Croxton
by eck daftlad thaz a bit old arent tha!:hihi::hihi:

Im bob ledgers grandson,

he isn't online so he's asked me that if anyone wishes to catch up for a chat or anything then he says his phone number is 0114 2475058, and he says that he'd like to hear from a few old pals.

thanks

There are a number of threads elsewhere on SF that have references to Grimesthorpe Road and surrounding streets. Look, for instance, for the Lily Bell thread, and more than one member has mentioned places like Ditchingham, Danville and Buckenham offshoots.

To Texas

I was at Burngreave school 47/51 to the best of my memory tram stop at vestery hall the next stop was at Catherine st in front of a beer of shop still there i think the next stop was rock street in front of the gents hairdresser long gone no more shops on the out of town side till Fir Vale the first one being I think a ladies hairdresser believe name of MARSDEN if i rember had a son DENNIS ? went to firS hill sch with me

in to town sunbeam picture house between firs hill and abbey field park was a newsagents a second hand and a beeroff shops the next shop was a general grouser had many a 1penny lolipop while waiting for tram to firth park

hopeing this might bring back a few memories

HARMSTON

Thanks harmston. My memory tells me there was another street between Catherine and Rock but I could be wrong, it's a long time since I was there, but it was a beer-off. I remember the barbershop at the bottom of Rock Street, 'Teds' was the name, a right old butcher if I remember right.

Thanks harmston. My memory tells me there was another street between Catherine and Rock but I could be wrong, it's a long time since I was there, but it was a beer-off. I remember the barbershop at the bottom of Rock Street, 'Teds' was the name, a right old butcher if I remember right.

Could that be Nottingham St.?

Kidorry. Approaching this elusive road from Christchurch Road, you would turn down Burngreave Road and immediatly you would have Rock St. So pass that, and carry on down Burngreave Road and it would be the next one on your left. Beer off on the corner, little low wall in front, tram stop. The next street on your left if you carried on down Burngreave would either be Catherine Street or Nottingham Street, then you were on Spital Hill. Like I say it's a long time ago. Looking at maps now,well, It's changed a lot.