Memories of Pitsmoor

Falls

We moved to Verdon Street Post Office in 1978 because my parents took it over. I didn't go to any of the local schools because my sister and I stayed in the school we were already in and travelled to it. We lived in the flat above the Post Office and Jane Naretti lived next door but one.

We made friends with Marion Smith and Carla and Deborah Somerset both lived on Verdon Street and Millicent Ellis who lived on the high rise flats round the corner from Rock Street. I also remember Kevin Jowe who lived near Rock Street and Andrew Moffat. Does anyone know any of these people? All went to High Storrs school with us.

OOOh and Mark Eades (who went to the same school as me) because his Nan lived on Verdon Street so we often caught the bus together when he was visiting her.

And I remember the Whitehouse chippy, the Furnival Pub, Marshall's newsagents and Marshall's fruit shop next door to us where Bill worked and his grandson Andrew was gorgeous .... :love:

Then in later years we moved to Pitsmoor Post Office because my parents bought it when Mrs Sheehan retired. My mum died but my Dad carried it on for quite some years after and only retired 3.5 years ago.

I remember Deborah & Carla Sommerset they were friends of mine, Carla married another pal of mine John Etches and moved to Swallownest would be nice to hear from them.

Paulo.

I remember the playground, Do you remember Sutherland road baths with the old slipper baths upstairs and the wash house below good times!

Hi Ray how you going mate the last time you came to see me with Mitch I was in Yarmouth playing pool. I used to live on Jamacia St we used to go to the match together many years ago I am still going with Ian Lee you know who this is I am still at the Punchbowl any ideas?

Hi to Paul Tansley

Don't know if you remember me paul stuart, lived on brunswick road but I rember you. Does anybody remember Revills Chippy near St Catherines School the best chips in Pitsmoor =)

Hi Paul is this the same Paul that used to play snooker in the Burngreave club in the late 70s and early 80s with Alf Marshall and myself Kev Ryder?

Yes that's the area I'm from but I Used to play on the Rec as a young Lad. I bet you know a lot of people I knew like the Mathewson's (Trev And Julie) the Campbell's(sigory and Winky) and the Belgraves (Jasper and John) and probably more I met most of these guys when I went to Herries

Hi double don"t forget rupert wisdom.

Paulo

Hi Paul yes mate did know mark is there but dont get down much now I am manager at the Punchbowl at crookes with 3 pool tables and we play snooker for the Grindstone just down the road on tuesdays so dont get much time.

All the scotts go in the Staff plus tony frith and most of the old faces that are still around.