Angry atheists rant thread.

That is a fact :) but, it's also a fact, that the fact that I don't accept this as fact is just as much a fact as that one.

Absolutely, which reinforces the fact that your point is no more than just your opinion.:hihi:

I know, what's your point?

The point is that you've been shown to be wrong.:)

The proof doesn't lie in the etymology of the word- I've explained that to you already.

You haven't explained it, you've simply asserted it, proving once again that you have a lack of understanding and acceptance of the reality of the use of a word.

Wow- that's a nice bit of writing :)

Thank you.:thumbsup: I think it sums you up rather well don't you think?

1/ I've not even mentioned how many I know- not sure how you can disbelieve a number you don't even know

I never said you did state a number. You simply implied you knew a larger number of people who use the second definition as opposed to the first and as you already know of several people on here who don't it implied that you know more in your own circle of friends.

Either that or you're being dishonest again (just an observation).:)

2/ No- you're mistaken, they do know that 'belief that god doesn't exist' and 'lack of belief in god' are totally different beliefs

I've only your word on that and from your performance on here up till now I'm inclined to disbelieve that almost as much as I disbelieve a god exists.:D

You clearly were, look...

By 'narrow category' I was talking about that minority of atheists in the sceptical community who steadfastly maintain, despite all evidence and reason to the contrary, that 'atheist' doesn't mean both "without belief in God", and "belief that God does not exist".

Absolutely, which reinforces the fact that your point is no more than just your opinion.:hihi:

It's a fact that it's your opinion :hihi:

The point is that you've been shown to be wrong.:)

No, I haven't.

I never said you did state a number. You simply implied you knew a larger number of people who use the second definition as opposed to the first and as you already know of several people on here who don't it implied that you know more in your own circle of friends.

Either that or you're being dishonest again (just an observation).:)

Yes, there are more who use the 2nd definition, both in real life, and, on the poll we did on this forum.

Have you got a shred of evidence that the opposite is true? If so, why not post it?