Angry atheists rant thread.

How does that make Christianity a LAW?

Because the old testament is a law, the law of moses, the old testament teaches we all are sinners , well christianity is an escape from that and is based on faith.. For eg.. You should know what's right and wrong, you don't need a sheet of paper saying it's wrong

There is alot more to it then that though

You can work against the law if it becomes corrupt may I had ( but I am not referring to going out robbing or anything like that, that is not what I mean )..as long as it's all peaceful and no violence or you can protest the law is changed or updated as time passes by

Edited by Drone

I've only just noticed this...

I'm an atheist, and I'm totally happy to acknowledge that there are 2 equally valid difinitions of 'atheism'- so, now you both know an atheist who does not align themselves with just the first definition.

So you believe that there is no God?

If you guys got out a bit more, you'd encounter many more atheists who don't fit into the narow category acknowledged by the 'sceptical' variety of atheist.

I know Jimmy has already pointed out (as I did earlier) that absence of faith is the broader category, not a narrow one. Do you really know any atheists who don't fit into this category?

Because the old testament is a law, the law of moses, the old testament teaches we all are sinners , well christianity is an escape from that and is based on faith. For eg.. You should know what's right and wrong, you don't need a sheet of paper saying it's wrong.

There is alot more to it then that though

Christianity teaches we are all sinners. It doesn't teach that we are not sinners. So how is Christianity an escape from that? And how does this make Christianity a law and not a religion?

Christianity teaches we are all sinners. It doesn't teach that we are not sinners. So how is Christianity an escape from that? And how does this make Christianity a law and not a religion?

No jesus came who hadn't sinned and supposedly died on the cross for us

He was sent from god, so had not sinned

No jesus came who hadn't sinned and supposedly died on the cross for us

He was sent from god, so had not sinned

And how does that make Christians non-sinners. How does it make Christianity a law - or an escape from the law(that supposedly teaches we are all sinners)?

Also, how does someone dying on a cross pay for whatever sins you may have committed?

Edited by Ryedo40

And how does that make Christians non-sinners. How does it make Christianity a law - or an escape from the law(that supposedly teaches we are all sinners)?

Also, how does someone dying on a cross pay for whatever sins you may have committed?

Because jesus died for everyone and didn't sin, then he took the sin away.

I don't believe in jesus dying on the cross by the way, it was made up but christianity needed some kind of base otherwise it wouldn't have took off, if it wasent for apostle paul, you might not have got the freedom you have today.

I believe jesus to be modelled on Yeshua, who was a jewish imposter who claimed to be the messiah to the jews, they didn't believe him but he taught the jews and died a natural death, but he didn't fill the ten commandments in his lifetime and so is not considered the messiah, their still waiting for him

Edited by Drone

Because jesus died for everyone and didn't sin, then he took the sin away.

I don't believe in jesus dying on the cross by the way, it was made up but christianity needed some kind of base otherwise it wouldn't have took off, if it wasent for apostle paul, you might not have got the freedom you have today.

So far, this is what I've got from you: Christianity isn't a religion it's a law. It's a law that is based on faith because the law of Moses teaches we are all sinners. Jesus took sin away after dying on a cross, but that's all BS because Christianity needed BS to base itself on.

:confused::roll::suspect::loopy::D