Seems there's more to bans than Islam

but im interested in islamophobia :D

and stemming the tide, and the outright hatred

D'you ever think that when you make stupid threads like this making some tenuous analogy about how some Christian somewhere that doesn't hold any water that you're not actually doing that at all though.

All it serves to do is annoy the islamophobes, alienate people who like to think about this reasonably, and earn you pats on the back from people who already agree with you.

All it serves to do is annoy the islamophobes, alienate people who like to think about this reasonably, and earn you pats on the back from people who already agree with you.

Alternatively jimmy a tongue in cheek thread such as this might, just might make the Islamophobes sit up and see the illogical nature of their argument, after all don't you think it would be daft to associate all Christians with the banning of yoga classes in churches or church halls?

I'm sure the casual observer will take the thread for what it is...a joke!

The people who already agree with the OP already know he's a dipstick..in the nicest possible way of course ;)

Alternatively jimmy a tongue in cheek thread such as this might, just might make the Islamophobes sit up and see the illogical nature of their argument, after all don't you think it would be daft to associate all Christians with the banning of yoga classes in churches or church halls?

The people who already agree with the OP already know he's a dipstick..in the nicest possible way of course ;)

My bold.

Wouldn't Muslimophope be a better word?

Why is it assumed there is something intrinsically wrong with disliking a particular religion? It's like you MUST like it and NOT say ANYTHING bad about it, or you have some kind of mental phobia condition, like you can't make a rational decision about whether you like it or not.

Some people don't like Christianity or Judaism. Criticise them to your hearts content, nobody will bestow a psychological illness on you. Criticise Islam and you must have a mental illness :loopy:

Oh beggar !!! And I thought it was a sincere post .... Damn !

Sorry, but that's taken as a given. A belief in polyatheism is a huge sin in Islam, there is no way that it would be practised in a mosque because of it's association with Hinduism. It would just never be commented on because it's expected.

This story is only a story because it's remarkable for something like this to happen with a Christian organisation in this country because they are usually quite tolerant. It wouldn't be a story if a mosque banned yoga because it's unremarkable as it's obvious it would never be practised in a mosque.

It's not actually that funny or ironic really.

And on that most excellant note, I bid you all a good night x

Archived