Seems there's more to bans than Islam

its amazing already how lighthearted people are taking it and making excuses

IF

it was muslims banning yoga in a mosque the usual venom and outright hatred would be spewing out

I doubt it it has already been established the Yoga has a Hindu background and I dont think this forum has all that many Hindu members ,at least none that I know of;)

As mentioned earlier of course there are white men who groom children. What is being ignored though, by some, is that in the Rochdale case the perpetrators deliberately targeted children of a different race.

I understand that the police, in S. Yorks, are about to charge two more groups of men. It will be interesting to see what race the culprits are and their target group.

Perhaps then, we can forget all this tit for tat nonesense and concentrate on the specific crimes and the best way to resolve them.

We also have to accept that some races seem to "specialize" in types of child abuse.

Pakistani men, for example target children of a different race in organized street grooming crimes. Whereas white men tend to target any race of children and tend to operate alone.

As usual melthebell jumping to the usual inaccurate conclusions. But, then again, how is melthebell going to know what other religions are being challenged when he's only interested in perpetuating the idea of victimhood for 'the religion of peace?':roll:

Personally I challenge what I see as inhuman dogma and prejudice in proportion to the negative effect I feel it has on the world.

I started a thread on the above link at the time it was in the news but I think it got deleted after descending into the usual bickering.

I've read some more on this story and apparently it is spiritual yoga which has it's emphasis on the religious aspect and practice of yoga so it's understandable.

One vicar deciding that an activity is inappropriate for a church hall and politely asking them to find alternative arrangements is slightly different from a religion which is fuelling mass riots and murder over something they would like to ban.

It's a self satisfied little slap on the back which in reality makes no sense at all.

Has anybody actually suggested that muslims shouldn't be free to decide which leisure activities take place in their place of worship? Has anybody castigated them for not allowing bingo in their halls or booze at their evening functions?

If they had this might be justified as a 'joke' but seeing as nobody has I think this 'joke' is a bit off the mark.

We also have to accept that some races seem to "specialize" in types of child abuse.

Pakistani men, for example target children of a different race in organized street grooming crimes.

No, not 'race', and it wasn't all Pakistanis anyway.

The most recent crop reported [still unconvicted, let's remember] were mostly Pakistani Moslems.

Archived