Can weed make you violent?

Can it?

I have a friend whos heavily into the weed. He smokes in excess of 12 joints a day every day and recently ive noticed a change in him.

Hes moody, irritable, gobby and occasionaly violent,

Ive blamed the weed, he told me to ****off

Whos right?

The short answer is yes it CAN, if abused and used excessively.

Like most drugs (including caffeine, nicotine and alcohol), if you take it in excess it will affect your behaviour. I have never heard of a moderate user becoming violent from it the, quite the opposite.

The short answer is yes it CAN, if abused and used excessively.

Like most drugs (including caffeine, nicotine and alcohol), if you take it in excess it will affect your behaviour. I have never heard of a moderate user becoming violent from it the, quite the opposite.

What would you call moderate?

He has in excess of 12 joints a day.

Is that excessive?

I am sorry but I must disagree with you I wasn't violent before taking it and now I have stopped I am not violent it will be hard for you to grasp as you don't know the person i was/am now.

It isn't a good idea to use cannabis at all unless advised to do so due to medical reasons.

Cannabis is as bad as heroin in the long run, the only difference is heroin is a speeded up decline, with cannabis eventually it will take everything from you bit by bit due to effects.

My advice is if you think it may help you.......think again it will NOT.

You have to have it in you to be violent, if it's not in you then cannabis doesn't make you violent I would say, it relaxes some people but I don't think it's a good idea to use cannabis if you have a tendency to mental health problems

It isn't a good idea to use cannabis at all unless advised to do so due to medical reasons.

Cannabis is as bad as heroin in the long run, the only difference is heroin is a speeded up decline, with cannabis eventually it will take everything from you bit by bit due to effects.

Rubbish, and unsubstantiated rubbish at that.

Heroin isn't harmful in the long run, and to compare the two is pointless. You abused the drug, and you had a problem. To conclude from that that all drug use is fundamentally harmful and destructive is silly. It's like an alcoholic telling a casual drinker that he's killing himself.

No it is NOT unsubstantiated rubbish in your words.

We are not talking about the purest form of drugs here we are talking about the rubbish that is distributed by the undesirables of this world.

Your spot on I did abuse the drug and I did have a problem which is why I can cast my opinions on what I believe it can do.

At no point have I said all drug use is harmful and destructive i simply meant the street crap is like that.

Rubbish, and unsubstantiated rubbish at that.

Heroin isn't harmful in the long run, and to compare the two is pointless. You abused the drug, and you had a problem. To conclude from that that all drug use is fundamentally harmful and destructive is silly. It's like an alcoholic telling a casual drinker that he's killing himself.

It isn't a good idea to use cannabis at all

At no point have I said all drug use is harmful and destructive

So why is it a bad idea to use cannabis if you don't think it is harmful?

Your spot on I did abuse the drug and I did have a problem which is why I can cast my opinions on what I believe it can do.

It's also worthy to note how your views are coloured by your experience. Do you know anyone that smokes cannabis and hasn't been damaged by the experience?

My advice is if you think it may help you.......think again it will NOT.

I don't think anyone has said that they think it will help them :suspect:

I did abuse the drug and I did have a problem which is why I can cast my opinions on what I believe it can do.

Then that goes along with what most people (and common sense) are saying, abuse and excess amounts of any drug will affect your behaviour.

You see you have missed abit here haven't you?

The bit where I said unless for medical reasons.

If it is for medical reasons and you have been advised to do so then it is a very good idea.

Yes i know a lad I'm thinking of now he hasn't been damaged by smoking in your words but i still stand by the fact it isn't a good idea to smoke it.

So why is it a bad idea to use cannabis if you don't think it is harmful?

It's also worthy to note how your views are coloured by your experience. Do you know anyone that smokes cannabis and hasn't been damaged by the experience?

Archived