What are your inexplicable or bizarre rituals in everyday life?

I was listening to radio 2 this morning with Zoe Ball sitting in for Chris Evans. She was doing a thing about inexplicable or bizarre rituals in everyday life.

So I wondered what Sheffielders would come up with.

My particular one is, when I'm making a cuppa, I always use teabags and I 'have' to agitate (no I don't mean annoy) the teabag 50 times. No more and no less. I physically count it in my head. I have no idea why. I just do.

I was listening to radio 2 this morning with Zoe Ball sitting in for Chris Evans. She was doing a thing about inexplicable or bizarre rituals in everyday life.

So I wondered what Sheffielders would come up with.

My particular one is, when I'm making a cuppa, I always use teabags and I 'have' to agitate (no I don't mean annoy) the teabag 50 times. No more and no less. I physically count it in my head. I have no idea why. I just do.

That'll be a mild case of OCD then, just like my need to have the label on my beer glass pointing perpendicularly outwards.

That'll be a mild case of OCD then' date=' just like my need to have the label on my beer glass pointing perpendicularly outwards.[/quote']

OCD?...OMG!!!! :hihi:

Your little ritual is presumably cos you drink Stella, and like to advertise the fact, in case someone wants to buy you one! :hihi:

Is that the same Zoe Ball whose dad is Johnny Ball? The former Butlins entertainer who had a talent for maths and made it through ...er .... talent on to TV. Quite good too.

And she just happens to be his connected daughter who wants to be 'famous' and so gets jobs on TV and radio.

Then there's Chris Evans. A prat, £12m on a car, but still the laddish humour.

Then there's the 'rituals' from bored presenters no longer challenged as we're all too dumb to reject the instantly thrown together rubbish that entertains us.

I thought local radio was bad with it's banal phone ins and what London Road was like 30 years ago but radio two? Can't make it geogreaphical so lets go for something they, the plebs, can go with: worst haircuts, largest feet or daily ritual. That'll do.

And as for the rest of 'caring' radio that picks up on a news item and runs a two hour discussion then dumps it. never to return as tomorrow it's a train crash, shooting, strike, hospital closure, foul mouthed MP or speeding policeman.

Froth. Entertainment in the back ground.

I hate the nepotism that dumbs down our media, Correns daughter, Tarbucks daughter; take a moment to check how many are related and gifted the jobs through family connections.

Mccartneys sprog. 'I'll be an international fashion designer'.

Yeah.

Class system. Money. Power.

Welcome to Britain.

Is that the same Zoe Ball whose dad is Johnny Ball? The former Butlins entertainer who had a talent for maths and made it through ...er .... talent on to TV. Quite good too.

And she just happens to be his connected daughter who wants to be 'famous' and so gets jobs on TV and radio.

Then there's Chris Evans. A prat, £12m on a car, but still the laddish humour.

Then there's the 'rituals' from bored presenters no longer challenged as we're all too dumb to reject the instantly thrown together rubbish that entertains us.

I thought local radio was bad with it's banal phone ins and what London Road was like 30 years ago but radio two? Can't make it geogreaphical so lets go for something they, the plebs, can go with: worst haircuts, largest feet or daily ritual. That'll do.

And as for the rest of 'caring' radio that picks up on a news item and runs a two hour discussion then dumps it. never to return as tomorrow it's a train crash, shooting, strike, hospital closure, foul mouthed MP or speeding policeman.

Froth. Entertainment in the back ground.

I hate the nepotism that dumbs down our media, Correns daughter, Tarbucks daughter; take a moment to check how many are related and gifted the jobs through family connections.

Mccartneys sprog. 'I'll be an international fashion designer'.

Yeah.

Class system. Money. Power.

Welcome to Britain.

Oooooh heck. Settle down now. Take a few deep breaths and....R e l a x!..Better?

Archived