What causes the 'sparklies' in your eyes?

Well, I bit the bullet and looked up the term 'floaters', and it transpires it's NOT what I am refering to. It's more like the 'worm' type things that someone mentioned earlier. So do others actually get these 'sparklies' that I refer to or is it just me? I'm getting paranoid now!

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Floaters/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Hehe - floater.

When I was a kid I always used to think they looked like bacteria under a microscope.

Hehe - floater.

When I was a kid I always used to think they looked like bacteria under a microscope.

I assume you mean the ones in your eyes and not the ones down the pan?

They still do 'look' like bacteria under a microscope (the ones in your eyes) :hihi:

Does it happen when you are tired? It could be migraine auras. I see bright silver/white squiggly lines sometimes, usually in the corner of my eye, its like someone very quickly drawing a wiggly line, then it fades. It only lasts a couple of seconds. I looked it up out of curiousity, and it turns out they are 'migraine auras' but fortunately I don't get any other symptoms other than headaches. It happens more when I'm tired.

Does it happen when you are tired? It could be migraine auras. I see bright silver/white squiggly lines sometimes, usually in the corner of my eye, its like someone very quickly drawing a wiggly line, then it fades. It only lasts a couple of seconds. I looked it up out of curiousity, and it turns out they are 'migraine auras' but fortunately I don't get any other symptoms other than headaches. It happens more when I'm tired.

No it can happen at any time. Also, I don't ever get migraines, so it can't be a precursor to that! :huh:

No it can happen at any time. Also, I don't ever get migraines, so it can't be a precursor to that! :huh:

Perhaps you should keep a 'Sparklies' log? :huh:

I did with my 'Shakeyfingers' ... the results were illegible, but at least it gave me something to do.

Having said that, the symptoms cleared up all by themselves, just after I had the house re-wired ... strange really. :huh:

Archived