What is the best saving you have made by botherin to put a bit of effort in

Excluding insurances and the lie what is your best? I recently needed a new power cable for my Tom Tom which would have cost £28 but found a universal in car adaptor for £6 and when my car key fob was playing up found a site that sold new key fob tops for £9 instead of potentially £100 for a new key.

Well I know it's only a minor thing. But on one of the ends of an aisle where they usually put offers, I noticed you could buy 3 bounty bars for a quid. So I reached into the box and it was empty, then another box, that was empty too, then a third one which was empty too.

So I thought, I know I'll have a look in the 'sweets' aisle, there must be some there. Yep, sure enough there was. Packs of 4 for a quid!

You have to be so careful with supposed 'offers', had the boxes I first tried been full I would never have bothered to go to the other aisle.

Well I know it's only a minor thing. But on one of the ends of an aisle where they usually put offers, I noticed you could buy 3 bounty bars for a quid. So I reached into the box and it was empty, then another box, that was empty too, then a third one which was empty too.

So I thought, I know I'll have a look in the 'sweets' aisle, there must be some there. Yep, sure enough there was. Packs of 4 for a quid!

You have to be so careful with supposed 'offers', had the boxes I first tried been full I would never have bothered to go to the other aisle.

Yep. Beware of supermarket end caps.

My latest thing is turning off anything not in use. Computers, laptops etc. turned completely off at night. Phones done charging? Unplugged. Air conditioner set higher, TV turned off if no one is watching, it's not allowed to go into 'sleep' mode.

The only exception is a lamp with an energy saver bulb in the entryway. It's a bit dark in that spot and I don't want anyone tripping on the steps. Saved $50 last month. :)

I've just changed my car and asked if the new one had Bluetooth and/or iPod connections and was told no. Oh, I said, then I'll have to remove my Parrot from the old car and pay to have it installed in the new one.

We'll give you another £225 for your old car to recompense, they said.

Got the new car home to find it had both Bluetooth and iPod connectivity. :thumbsup:

I've just changed my car and asked if the new one had Bluetooth and/or iPod connections and was told no. Oh, I said, then I'll have to remove my Parrot from the old car and pay to have it installed in the new one.

We'll give you another £225 for your old car to recompense, they said.

Got the new car home to find it had both Bluetooth and iPod connectivity. :thumbsup:

Most excellent!

I was going to order my grandsons birthday presents online but due to my parcels being delivered to wrong addresses by Yodel, I decided to see if I could find them in stock local, luckily Smyths had all the items in stock and was having a 20% off sale also two of the items were on a buy 2 for £30 offer so I managed to save over £36 pound!!

Archived