Have you permanently stopped taking sugar in tea?

I really enjoy a cup of tea so drink rather a lot every day. As I had 2 sugars in every cup it really added up, so I decided to give it up, (I don't like sweeteners.)

Somebody said you don't miss it after a fortnight, but that wasn't true for me - I hated it without for ages. But I stuck with it and now I only drink tea without. In fact tea with sugar now tastes awful.

I'm sweet enough...

I drink lots of tea, without sugar. Maybe once or twice a year I'll have one with 2 sugars, but I don't usually like sweet tea. I can't stand artificial sweeteners.

If you think you're dieting just by not having sugar in your tea then you're only fooling yourself. It's 15 calories per teaspoon. It's a bit like ordering a diet coke with your large mcdonalds, you could probably make better (and easier) savings elsewhere in your diet.

I gave up on sugar yrs ago no probs whatsoever and since taken 1 sweetener tablet

in both my tea or coffee

Also yrs ago i smoked only when going to the pub at the wkend mainly

and not so much in house at all

But this was for only a year or just over and i stopped no probs many yrs ago

havent touched a cigarette since although been offered many a time

its something i knew i wasnt addicted to and as sais tried smoking at High School

also for a short spell and also in my late 20s but only for just at wkends when out

and for approx 1 yr and stopped no probs..

As for the Sugar in tea or coffee also stopped the sugar as sais

but like 1 single sweetener in both tea and coffee ..

I gave up sugar in tea about 45/50 years ago, like you (OP) I started lowering the amount from 2 to 1 th 1/2 etc. Now I find tea with sugar in revolting. I don't drink a lot of coffee for the simple reason I take 3 teaspoons of sugar in it.

Intresting - My mother never took sugar in tea?

....... If you think you're dieting just by not having sugar in your tea then you're only fooling yourself. It's 15 calories per teaspoon. It's a bit like ordering a diet coke with your large mcdonalds, you could probably make better (and easier) savings elsewhere in your diet.

It's on doctors advice but not for dieting (i.e losing weight)

There's a thread about it here

Archived