Barcelona - how expensive is it?

I definitely paid nowhere where £10 a pint when I went back in 2010, In fact to be precise we found a couple of lovely cafe / bars which were table service and I paid about £3.20 a pint once converted however that wasn't the cheapest we saw we merely opted for these bars as they were nicely situated between hotel and great views.

I would advise staying away from bars in the major tourist areas as these are the real sting at around £5 a pint in some of them. This can be cancelled out by the price of wine which I found more than reasonable in most places.

Pick pockets are a big problem. Amazing place, gaudis park, cathedral and buildings are amazing, drinks, depends where you drink! 5 quid a pint, No worse than any other big city. Amazing place :-)

Yes, definitely watch out for pick pockets on Las Ramblas. I observed a pick pocket gang in action once, from a distance and it was an amazing sight. The victims realised nothing.

And going up the Sagrada Familia towers is absolutely terrifying if you don't like heights.

Barcelona is a great place and you can enjoy it without spending a fortune. There's plenty of free stuff to do like the Parc Guell and the old cathedral and the little lanes of the old town.

Have you checked if there's a cheap tourist pass to the main attractions? Many cities offer these and you can get huge savings on admission costs to the main attractions.

Why not just go to the bits of Barcelona where normal people live (apart from the tourist sites you named in the OP) ??

Barcelona is huge and there's a million things to do. Of course the the tourist places are going to rip you off. Live like the locals. You think they drink in bars that want 3.20 euros for a glass of beer?

Why not just go to the bits of Barcelona where normal people live (apart from the tourist sites you named in the OP) ??

Barcelona is huge and there's a million things to do. Of course the the tourist places are going to rip you off. Live like the locals. You think they drink in bars that want 3.20 euros for a glass of beer?

I agree with the ^^ post spot on :)

just got back and we really enjoyed it! we stayed in a nice hotel 5 mins walk from the top end of las ramblas which we walked down every evening before going for a couple of beers in a little bar round the corner from the hotel( where we watched the benfica v barcelona match with the locals). we went up montjuic and walked back down through miramar gardens into the city. the tourist bus was very good as we just got on and off as we pleased. we crammed a lot into the four days we were there but a return visit is a must.

Archived