Registery office wedding photography on a sat!!

Hi im jst wondering if anyone on her knows any photographers who do registery office photography on a saturday? I have been told by a friend who married in sheffield registery office that she had a hard time trying to get a photographer for the wedding at the registery office on a sat as the big all day weddings are much prefered by photograhers! Im not sure how much of this is true but am now panicing trying to get on booked in advance! ( I dnt get married until june 2014 ) If anyone knows of any photographers who do the registery office wedding photography on a sat if u could please let mr knw and I can see about getting it booked asap, Thanx

You will probably find that all good photographers are fully booked for every Saturday in June 2013.

... and probably all good venues.

Yes you're probably right. But it's one hell of a long time. There was a thread on here a while ago where someone booked a wedding reception venue, and the place went into administration (it was mainly an issue of getting their money back). But all the same, anything could happen over such a long time period! It just struck me as a bit excessive. Nothing more!

Depending on what your requirements for the day are there should be plenty of scope for getting an interested photographer, it'll help if you put down a few basics like budget and where the venue is etc.

try and see some of their work, I've seen quite a few poor photographers plying their trade

look at their websites and keep looking, often they'll have a site for a year then disappear ask about their business I've bailed out several people/friends that I know at the last minute who've had no shows.

Good Luck

Hi Honbun08

You are starting early, but there is nothing wrong with that, the main reason why photographers may not do a registry office on a Saturday in June is because they are more likely (if they are any good) to get a full wedding on the same day and thus earn more income, than doing a couple of hours. But nowadays there are lots of photographers trying to establish a decent portfolio, so i would be surprised if you couldnt find anyone and like Jennymills says above, maybe a student photographer may be something to think about.

Archived