Can someone help me out with a device I'm looking for?

I really want a device that I once saw a while back but I dont know what its called and I'm really struggling to describe it, but I'll do my best.

Its basically a drawing aid, a 3 or 4 point, concertinering thingy whereby you attach a pen or pencil at either end so that as you draw with one of the pencils on one side, the pencil at the other end will moves identically and at the same time.

That is probably a useless way of describing it, but if by some miracle you understand what I'm blithering about and know what the device is called please let me know. Thanks.

Oh thanks! Now I won't sleep trying to conjure that from the deepest darkest recesses!

What's wrong with a photocopier?

:hihi: tell me about it, I've racked my brain and Googled all sorts of things such as "mechanical drawing device", "mechanical, pivoting, concertinering symmetrical drawing device" etc etc, and no joy. It probably has some pretentious french name.

I had one. It was useless.

You could just use a ruler or any piece of wood with a pencil sized hole at either end.You will also need a weight to put pressure on the other end (where your hand isn't).

There was even a plastic one given away with some kids comic in the 70's where you could stick a dozen biros in and cheat at doing lines that were handed out as punishment in schools.

I will not refer to the headmaster as a daft twerp.

Got away with it too.

You're going to hate me for this then ;)

http://kookykitsch.com/Store/tabid/138/ProdID/2566/Ktel_Vintage_EZ_Tracer_Drawing_Toy_in_Original_Box_1974_.aspx

Keywords on google images search: drawing tracer

Aha yes, progress at last, thank you.

That is the toy version though of course; a "proper" one of those is what I'm seeking. Thanks again.

I had one. It was useless.

You could just use a ruler or any piece of wood with a pencil sized hole at either end.You will also need a weight to put pressure on the other end (where your hand isn't).

There was even a plastic one given away with some kids comic in the 70's where you could stick a dozen biros in and cheat at doing lines that were handed out as punishment in schools.

Got away with it too.

Sellotape and six pens did the job.

I must hand my homework in on time.

Archived