Can someone help me out with a device I'm looking for?

I really want a device that I once saw a while back but I dont know what its called and I'm really struggling to describe it, but I'll do my best.

Its basically a drawing aid, a 3 or 4 point, concertinering thingy whereby you attach a pen or pencil at either end so that as you draw with one of the pencils on one side, the pencil at the other end will moves identically and at the same time.

I really want a device that I once saw a while back but I dont know what its called and I'm really struggling to describe it, but I'll do my best.

Its basically a drawing aid, a 3 or 4 point, concertinering thingy whereby you attach a pen or pencil at either end so that as you draw with one of the pencils on one side, the pencil at the other end will moves identically and at the same time.

That is probably a useless way of describing it, but if by some miracle you understand what I'm blithering about and know what the device is called please let me know. Thanks.

it sounds like the etch-a-sketch and strangley enough I have one in my cupboard that has not been used for years

it sounds like the etch-a-sketch and strangley enough I have one in my cupboard that has not been used for years

Not an Etch-a-Sketch, it's a Sketch-a-Graph as mentioned earlier. I've got one as well and I haven't used mine for years either, but I remember that when I was a kid I didn't really have any great success with it. The usual problem was that one anchor point became detached and you had to start again because you could never get it back in exactly the same place.

What was it with toys ending in -graph? As well as this I had a Spirograph and I've even got a Harmonograph as well.

Archived