Motability refusing to insure the only person able to drive me

But you may have changed to a car that's easy or desirable to pinch, and since they saw the Parsons Cross postcode the computer probably had a fit.

They did the same to me in Bradford - they would not insure a BMW M series full stop with theft on the policy. They would insure it fully comp, without the theft cover though....

Here we go with the Parson Cross thing. It was before I moved there! A place where there weren't too many murderers! :hihi:

Here we go with the Parson Cross thing. It was before I moved there! A place where there weren't too many murderers! :hihi:

Then you might have mentioned it - otherwise it's a perfectly reasonable thing to consider. Parsons Cross as far as the insurers are concerned doesnt exactly have an enviable reputation....:-(

Then you might have mentioned it - otherwise it's a perfectly reasonable thing to consider. Parsons Cross as far as the insurers are concerned doesnt exactly have an enviable reputation....:-(

Well, yes I suppose so...As you might have gathered I do get a bit tired of the Parson Bashing..hence my sig! :hihi:

I'm the insured driver but sometimes if I'm too ill I need to insure someone else such as when I needed to go to the eye clinic, I was struggling to see so wasnt safe for me to drive.

I was told I could leave the 2nd slot empty so if i ever needed to insure someone then I can, usually I'd insure my mum but she was in hospital. They have insured my mate before with no issues infact they once insured him for a full month as I was ill. Why the sudden change?

Well there lies your problem. The insurance policy has been made out with a certain category of driver acceptable for that 2nd slot. Clearly a 21 year old (who may have had accidents.. you didn't say) is classed beyond the underwriters risk level. If you had put this driver on the policy in the first place you would probably have had a much higher premium but your chap could have driven the car..

they are realy clamping down on this...and with good reason

I know of some one who has had brand new cars for years via his mothers mobilty along with tax no test as they are new and not sure if the insurance is also paid ?

now for about the 8 years or so I have know this person I have never seen the mother in the car and it is just used for outings -holadays - and genral day to day use ..

I realy think if the mobilty give ppl a free car with all the trimmings they should have to log or report everytime the car is used and the reason it is used for along with proof and mileage checks ..

and not just be a fancy new car for a family member to own and use like they own it for fun and daily driveing ...

also as some one say's above taxis are cheaper or even a bus and if you don't like taxis or the bus then pay your own insurance for your very own chauffeur !

The DLA (mobility component ) book is taken Doom Bringer, so the claimant does not get the payments. The car is in lieu of the money they would get if they did not have the car.

He's never had any accidents and as I've said they have insured him before its just now suddenly they have changed their mind. So now They will only insure him for a few hours if its an emergency. We've never had any issues with the size of my engine or anything and always informed the insurance whenever someone needed to drive me

He's never had any accidents and as I've said they have insured him before its just now suddenly they have changed their mind. So now They will only insure him for a few hours if its an emergency. We've never had any issues with the size of my engine or anything and always informed the insurance whenever someone needed to drive me

Just to be clear ... have they accepted Joe as a driver on that same car, before?

Archived