Road deaths rise in Great Britain

Is the population not rising though? that be a factor.

Its like if there was a lamp post in the middle of a street and each day 12 people walked past, the chances of someone walking into the lamp post would be low. If there were 50, the chances of someone bumping into the lamp post would go up. If there were 5000 people each day walking past the lam post, then its likely more people would walk into the lamp post, than there would if only 12 people walked past each day.

SO for accidents to go up is not suprising, there are more cars on the road

I'm not at all surprised. People inreasingly rush around with no respect for other road users and pedestrians.

The motorways are absolutely ridden with idiots who I think must watch Formula 1 racing and think they are the next Lewis Hamilton, darting in and out of lanes and cutting people up. It's time there was a greater police presence/use of cameras to catch these idiots who knowingly and stupidly put others' lives in danger.

I wish the article would have also said that, regarding pedestrian deaths, teenagers are the most at risk group. They have all sorts going through their minds, not to mention the hormonal stuff going on, and distractions, including physical ones like i-phones, etc - IF YOU HAVE A TEENAGER AT HOME, REMIND THEM OF THIS, IT MIGHT SAVE THEIR LIFE.

Is the population not rising though? that be a factor.

Its like if there was a lamp post in the middle of a street and each day 12 people walked past, the chances of someone walking into the lamp post would be low. If there were 50, the chances of someone bumping into the lamp post would go up. If there were 5000 people each day walking past the lam post, then its likely more people would walk into the lamp post, than there would if only 12 people walked past each day.

SO for accidents to go up is not suprising, there are more cars on the road

There are many factors behind the KSI stats and no-one has a definitive and accurate answer to just what contributes to rises and falls in the stats.

Your assertion that the rise can be attributed to the increase in the number of cars on the road and/or to the rise in the driving population ignores the stats and is well and truly wide of the mark - it is old news that the death toll went up in 2011 and this increase ended the year-on-year downward trend from 2004.

What, according to you, caused the reductions in the stats between 2004 and 2010? A drop in the population?

I put it down to a general lack of care of respect from motorists these days. Nobody seems to have any common sense any more, nobody seems to bother to leave a bit of space from the car in front. During the rain on Monday there were several crashes on the motorways because they didn't have the sense to slow down.

I was on the M6 in Birmingham yesterday. The gantry signs were clearly showing 60 mph and there are ample signs warning of it but I saw the cameras flash six times when I was driving back North on the opposite carriageway.

I thought that the petrol rises would see a change in driver habits. When the fuel protests happened in 2000 everyone was driving slower and taking more care, making every drop of fuel count.

I reckon their are far to many cars on the roads in Britain these days

road rage has also become a big problem, what with overweight men and women

always sitting at a steering wheel , with their fat bellys hanging out all over the shop

Im a fan of Green Peace get on yer bikes ya Lazy f-t fe-k-rs :D

Archived