Roughest pub/club in sheffield?

Taffi

In your opinion whats the worst pub or club in sheffield? Is it rough, dirty, wrong atmosphere, bad beer? I want to try and find out if the worst bars are chain companies, city centre bars, local bars, or indepent traders. Whats your thoughts?

Originally posted by 2wentypence

The Rising Sun in Nether green is an absolute dump inside. On the few occasions I have had to drink there there is usually bits floating in the beer from poor pipe cleaning I presume. Having said that it has recently been taken over so may have improved.

At least they are cleaning their pipes.

Originally posted by 2wentypence

The Rising Sun in Nether green is an absolute dump inside. On the few occasions I have had to drink there there is usually bits floating in the beer from poor pipe cleaning I presume. Having said that it has recently been taken over so may have improved.

lol the landlords on the forum :hihi:

Originally posted by J-Blaze

lol the landlords on the forum :hihi:

I think you mean the previous landlord.

He was booted out with his mucky pipes a while back.

Abbeydale Brewery has taken the place on, even getting rid of the rotting hanging baskets outside - simple things that anyone can do to make their pub look a little more inviting.

They've also gone one better. Banned smoking throughout :clap: , got rid of the pool table and thus ridded the pub of all the druggies and drop-outs that had decided to squat in the tap room.

(But take heed ex-Rising Sun regulars. Snowy White, the Walking Corpse is playing pool in The Fulwood Inn now. Yup, he's as miserable as always, but if you'd been round the clock twice, you'd probably be too.)

Archived