Best used car dealer in Sheffield or near?

randomlife

Looking for a honest second hand car dealer, main dealers included, there's more chance of finding a Leprechaun and a Fairy having a snog at the bottom of your garden, and for one of them to give you next weeks lottery numbers.

Me cynical, never.

Angel1

I have recently passed my driving test, and want to get my first car. I want something decent (i.e. not a rust bucket), but my budget is likely to be around £4000. Been looking at Autotrader for things like the Fiesta, Yaris, Ka etc. and found a few I like, but not sure which local dealers are considered to be reputable.

Any advice on where to go, or possibly avoid, would be great![/quote

Direct Cars at Mosborough have sold me quality cars over the years with no after sale problems.

If you are young as well as just having recently passed your test, then I would seriously look at buying a new car with an insurance package thrown in. Otherwise, your insurance is going to be massive on top of your car finance too.

Don't make the mistake of finding a decent deal only to discover a huge insurance bill too, whatever car you are interested in, get quotes for insurance before buying.

I can understand your reasons for considering a second hand car dealer but also remember that often their 'warranties' are not all they appear to be and the finance packages can be higher interest than you might get from another lender, so do shop around.

I recommend The Car People. My Dad bought my new car from there (yes, I know, I'm Spoilt :) ) and he got a really good deal. The people there were lovely as well and the whole process was quick and easy. Their after sales care is brilliant too.

I recommend The Car People. My Dad bought my new car from there (yes, I know, I'm Spoilt :) ) and he got a really good deal. The people there were lovely as well and the whole process was quick and easy. Their after sales care is brilliant too.
Sorry, not my view.

I was casually looking and was offered a test drive. I said I was not ready to buy yet, but he convinced me to have a test drive (as the cars needed regular running anyhow, so I was doing them a favour)

I said I was concerned whether the car would be underpowered or not, so could we go onto the M1, or at least somewhere where it would have to work. No we couldn't, we just went around the empty roads near the airport.

So we gets back to the dealership. I still wasn't decided, but if the price was right, who knows. It was more expensive than other similar cars elsewhere. He wouldn't budge on price at all and had the cheek to tell me there would be a £35 charge on top of the sticker price to cover overheads. I told him no deal.

The receptionist kept ringing me for a fortnight afterwards to ask if I was still interested, wasn't till I ignored her calls that it finally ended

My Dad's one of those people that always manages to get a good deal! They came down quite a lot in price and he managed to get a few extras thrown in as well. Maybe he just got lucky with the salesman?!

I suppose everyone will have different views but our experience with them was definitiely a good one. Well, it certainly was for me, I got a new car bought for me so I'm not going to complain ;)

Direct Cars at Mosborough have sold me quality cars over the years with no after sale problems.

I've bought from them in the past and my father's used them twice. However, some of their cars are better than others. Went to look at an Audi that was covered in stone chips. The price was way too high for a car in that condition.