The age of consent

Feel free to partake.  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Feel free to partake.

• No limitations

With what? Person of the same age, person within three years of their age, person of any age?

That's why I left it open obelix. The other thread was being derailailed because the subject matter was becoming clouded.

Basically tear up existing law and apply new and explore why. Hope that makes sense.

With what? Person of the same age, person within three years of their age, person of any age?

That's not relevant to the age of consent, you can be at it with someone 90 years old as long as you are 16 or over, under current law, might not be the norm but it's legal !

I don't think raising the age of consent would do anybody any favours, teenagers tend to get interested in sex, human biology is taught in schools, raising the age of consent will not stop human nature IMHO !

Any thoughts of having it reduced? To 15 maybe? Do you think overall 16yr olds are prepared and responsible

I think the question for me is mentality rather physicality. Are our children sufficiantly prepared at the present AOC? Are they well in advance of us oldies when we were younger?

Any thoughts of having it reduced? To 15 maybe? Do you think overall 16yr olds are prepared and responsible

I think the question for me is mentality rather physicality. Are our children sufficiantly prepared at the present AOC? Are they well in advance of us oldies when we were younger?

I do believe the youngsters are better educated than we were, but one size does not fit all as we know. There are of course plenty of teenage mothers, who ideally, upon giving birth need to develop maturity almost overnight to cope, regardless of them necessarily being mature enough or not to have consensual sex in a legal sense.

There are of course plenty of adults who lack the maturity of some teenagers IMHO !

I do believe the youngsters are better educated than we were, but one size does not fit all as we know. There are of course plenty of teenage mothers, who ideally, upon giving birth need to develop maturity almost overnight to cope, regardless of them necessarily being mature enough or not to have consensual sex in a legal sense.

There are of course plenty of adults who lack the maturity of some teenagers IMHO !

If the young girls are having to mature overnight does that imply that our male youth are at a disadvantage in the "mature" stakes. After all our young females wouldn't get pregnant if our males weren't maturally disadvantaged, re they would ascribe to contraception. I'm implying it's a two way thing, rather than one.

If the young girls are having to mature overnight does that imply that our male youth are at a disadvantage in the "mature" stakes. After all our young females wouldn't get pregnant if our males weren't maturally disadvantaged, re they would ascribe to contraception. I'm implying it's a two way thing, rather than one.

There is a school of thought which reckons girls mature sexually at a younger age than their male counterparts, I don't know if there is any hard proof of such, if it were true one could argue that the recommended age of consent for males and females be different ..... younger for the girls ...... but that would of course fly in the face of current issues raised in the media :confused:

Archived