What gravy is Gluten Free?

Hi people,

My mum has just been told she may have celiacs Disease and we know you can get a book which lists all products she can eat but it not arrived yet. She's doing a dinner and wants to know what Gravy she can use.

So does anyone know what gluten free gravy she can use?

There is a gluten free section in most supermarkets, but a lot of normal foods are gluten free. My sister in law has Celiacs disease and she spends ages at the super markets checking labels. Also if you're interested TFI restaurant in Meadowhall has a gluten free menu.

Just a tip. If you're going to the supermarkets to look for gluten free stuff. Then take a magnifying glass of some sort, because some of the products have ingredients labels that are so microscopic that you 'will' need one!...Honestly, I'm not joking!

Bisto Best Beef and Winter Vegetable are gluten free. Some of their other ones may be too. Knorr and Kallo stock cubes are; OXO aren't.

All true.

Or you can knock one up pretty easily using meat juices, water (or wine) and cornflour.

Where does one find a gluten free cow?

Most anywhere really.

Gluten is a protein in wheat. Some folks are allergic to it.

On the other hand, cows taste lovely.

Most anywhere really.

Gluten is a protein in wheat. Some folks are allergic to it.

On the other hand, cows taste lovely.

Yeah but they might have eaten wheat. Surely a nice cube of stuff is the safest way forward.

Unless you have an AGA, of course.

Or Braeburn.

Erm .. Is that an apple? Please moderate as appropriate.

Archived