90 percent of us live on but 5 percent of the land.

Land would give you food but what about everything else that you need. Shelter (or will you build a wooden house from trees on your land), power for heating and lighting (or would you simply use wood from your land), medicines to ensure continued good health (or would you turn to herbal remedies grown on your own land), what would happen if your crops failed? Where would you get money from to cover the expenses of paying for things that you need. Land is one thing but the expertise to use it properly can be far too complicated for some.

Then you have the problem of the weak defending their plot against the strong. Unless of course you believe that in an equal world people wouldn't take advantage. Would you defend your own property or have to pay someone to defend it for you.

I could go on, but the above shows that simply giving people land is not an answer to anything.

I disagree.

Wouldn't say exactly sitting pretty but yes I have my own home and as someone else has pointed out, I've worked full time since the age of 16 for what I have and don't really care what you think.

Sadly all chem1st adds is articles posted verbatim with absolutely no solution to anyones housing problems apart from 'give everybody land so they can grow food and build a house'. Dream on !!!!

Lots of people work very hard but in low paid jobs and so therefore could never realistically save up for deposit on a house; some people have no intentions of owning their own home, there's no shame in renting, but many cannot get a council house so they are at the mercy of the often over-priced private renting market.

Lots of people work very hard but in low paid jobs and so therefore could never realistically save up for deposit on a house; many peoople have no intentions of owning their own home, there's no shame in renting, but many cannot get a council house so they are at the mercy of the often over-priced private renting market.

Absolutely no shame in renting but people are guilty of their aspirations being greater than their ability to pay. Landlords will only charge what they can achieve in rent. If you don't want to pay that amount go somewhere cheaper.

You are merely creating obstacles to stop change . The ruling classes have instilled this into us for many years....It is the ignorance to that which retains an unjust status quo.

What an absolute load of rubbish and no real argument.

I have simply asked questions and like all 'dreamers' you don't have any answers. You simply want things handed to you on a 'plate' without thinking through the ramifications !!

What an absolute load of rubbish and no real argument.

I have simply asked questions and like all 'dreamers' you don't have any answers. You simply want things handed to you on a 'plate' without thinking through the ramifications !!

Your post is total twaddle. Why should I not be born to have an equal share of England as other people have?

What you are saying is "if you want it go and earn it"

What I am saying is that it is my birthright.

Your judgement is far too clouded for you to be able to understand. You cannot sweep a lifetime of brainwashing away and see the truth.:)

Your post is total twaddle. Why should I not be born to have an equal share of England as other people have?

What you are saying is "if you want it go and earn it"

What I am saying is that it is my birthright.

Your judgement is far too clouded for you to be able to understand. You cannot sweep a lifetime of brainwashing away and see the truth.:)

I'd heard that there were people like you around but I hadn't realised anyone had actually managed to train one how to use a computer.

I'd heard that there were people like you around but I hadn't realised anyone had actually managed to train one how to use a computer.

I know well of people like you.You should stop drinking on an empty head and learn to think.:)

Archived