90 percent of us live on but 5 percent of the land.

Your post is total twaddle. Why should I not be born to have an equal share of England as other people have?

What you are saying is "if you want it go and earn it"

What I am saying is that it is my birthright.

Your judgement is far too clouded for you to be able to understand. You cannot sweep a lifetime of brainwashing away and see the truth.:)

I think you'll find that it's you talking all the 'twaddle' because my friend that's the way the world works. Always has and always will and you spouting crap about being born as equal as everybody else will do nothing but raise your blood pressure.

Yes, if you want something go out and do something that will help you get it. You have no birthright apart from that which was left to you by your family.

My judgement isn't impaired, it isn't foolish thinking and it's not brainwashing.

It is however, far better than the 'woe is me attitude that you and your ilk demonstrate and that is why you'll still be moaning in 20 years time when others have moved on and done something to improve their life.

I know well of people like you.You should stop drinking on an empty head and learn to think.:)

I managed to think enough to start my own business, buy my own house and cars. I also managed to think enough to stop parasites from taking the the fruits of my efforts whilst they sit on their backsides posting the tripe you do.:hihi:

Owls posts don't read like twaddle to me.

And I've got to congratulate you, well done on acquiring your free land...

cuckoo land.

England was invaded in 1066. All the land was stolen by the few. I simply want my bit back. What is wrong with wanting back something that was stolen from me? It is my birthright!;)

This is an interesting article on the subject http://libcom.org/news/article.php/land-ownership-right-roam-uk-10032006

I've cut and pasted a section of it below:

Some facts and figures

The largest institutional landowners are The Forestry Commission with 2.4 million acres, then the Ministry of Defence with 750,000 acres followed by the National Trust with 550,000 acres. The Church of England only owns 135,000 acres, down from over 1.5 million acres in the 1870s. It seems likely that parish vicars took advantage of their control of local church land and sold off vast tracts for personal gain. The Crown Estate owns nearly 400,000 acres, and is worth over £5 billion, with profits in the region of £180 million per annum. This body owns land ‘in the right of the crown’ and pays its profits into the coffers of the exchequer, which in return repays some of the income to the Monarchy for its annual expenses, that is the Civil List.

In theory the monarchy could claim back the Crown Estate for its personal use at any time. The Prince of Wales has an institutional estate - the Duchy of Cornwall – of 141,000 acres; this includes freehold on much of Kennington area of London worth an estimated £500 million. The Queen is also the Duke of Lancaster and the size of this estate is estimated to be 50,000 acres. Finally the Queen has private lands of another 75,000 acres, and this includes the Balmoral estate in Scotland. Remember that until very recently the Windsors paid no tax on income from their lands.

The largest private landowner is the Duke of Buccleach with 270,000 acres; and the wealthiest is the Duke of Westminster with 140,000 acres in the UK, 400,000 abroad, but most importantly 300 acres of the richest real estate in the world in central London. In the 1870s his predecessor the Marquess of Westminster, who was one of the wealthiest persons in England, held only 20,000 acres. Impressed by his wealth Queen Victoria made him a Duke.

The family can trace its roots back to a Norman invader Hugh de Gras Veneur who seized land in Cheshire after 1066. The argument of Gerard Winstanley concerning the tyranny of the ‘Norman Yoake’ and their control of the land still rings true!

There are in the UK over 40,000 people who own land worth at least £1 million. Who many of these people are and how they acquired their land is a mystery. Most figures concerning private land ownership are only estimates because 50% of the land in the UK is not registered. The Land Registry only registers land when it is sold. Those who have held estates for generations are under no obligation to tell anyone about their holdings. How did this state of affairs come about?

I managed to think enough to start my own business, buy my own house and cars. I also managed to think enough to stop parasites from taking the the fruits of my efforts whilst they sit on their backsides posting the tripe you do.:hihi:

I have two houses and am very probably much wealthier that you with your window cleaning round. It does not mean that I have sold my soul to the devil however. I have still retained my magnanimity, compassion and philanthropic nature.

I am not a "let them eat cakes" type who isn't very intelligent like you.:hihi:

This is an interesting article on the subject http://libcom.org/news/article.php/land-ownership-right-roam-uk-10032006

I've cut and pasted a section of it below:

Some facts and figures

The largest institutional landowners are The Forestry Commission with 2.4 million acres, then the Ministry of Defence with 750,000 acres followed by the National Trust with 550,000 acres. The Church of England only owns 135,000 acres, down from over 1.5 million acres in the 1870s. It seems likely that parish vicars took advantage of their control of local church land and sold off vast tracts for personal gain. The Crown Estate owns nearly 400,000 acres, and is worth over £5 billion, with profits in the region of £180 million per annum. This body owns land ‘in the right of the crown’ and pays its profits into the coffers of the exchequer, which in return repays some of the income to the Monarchy for its annual expenses, that is the Civil List.

In theory the monarchy could claim back the Crown Estate for its personal use at any time. The Prince of Wales has an institutional estate - the Duchy of Cornwall – of 141,000 acres; this includes freehold on much of Kennington area of London worth an estimated £500 million. The Queen is also the Duke of Lancaster and the size of this estate is estimated to be 50,000 acres. Finally the Queen has private lands of another 75,000 acres, and this includes the Balmoral estate in Scotland. Remember that until very recently the Windsors paid no tax on income from their lands.

The largest private landowner is the Duke of Buccleach with 270,000 acres; and the wealthiest is the Duke of Westminster with 140,000 acres in the UK, 400,000 abroad, but most importantly 300 acres of the richest real estate in the world in central London. In the 1870s his predecessor the Marquess of Westminster, who was one of the wealthiest persons in England, held only 20,000 acres. Impressed by his wealth Queen Victoria made him a Duke.

The family can trace its roots back to a Norman invader Hugh de Gras Veneur who seized land in Cheshire after 1066. The argument of Gerard Winstanley concerning the tyranny of the ‘Norman Yoake’ and their control of the land still rings true!

There are in the UK over 40,000 people who own land worth at least £1 million. Who many of these people are and how they acquired their land is a mystery. Most figures concerning private land ownership are only estimates because 50% of the land in the UK is not registered. The Land Registry only registers land when it is sold. Those who have held estates for generations are under no obligation to tell anyone about their holdings. How did this state of affairs come about?

Very interesting but they're not going to give it away to a load of 'nutters' who want to grow their own food !!

Archived