90 percent of us live on but 5 percent of the land.

Very interesting but they're not going to give it away to a load of 'nutters' who want to grow their own food !!

Cameron also thinks that it is much better that they starve. Nutters just want to grow their own food don't they...like you said?:loopy:

I have two houses and am very probably much wealthier that you with your window cleaning round. It does not mean that I have sold my soul to the devil however. I have still retained my magnanimity, compassion and philanthropic nature.

I am not a "let them eat cakes" type who isn't very intelligent like you.:hihi:

Well in that case you could give one of your houses to chem1st and you'll both be happy.

Very interesting but they're not going to give it away to a load of 'nutters' who want to grow their own food !!

Very valid point. Do we want shanty towns in the peak district ? Id say no. Ive said all this before with little or no response.

But I have done lots of driving in all sorts of rural areas this month and the farmers were busy. I know it exists but I didn't see much set aside land. But set aside land is a good thing. Look it up. They've done it for centuries in europe. They don't do it in brazil, and have large tracks of desert as a result.

And two other words, water extraction. Yes it's tipped it down this year but hasn't for years. Why would a farmer plant a field that they couldn't get water to ?

Finally, on my travels I saw queues of people hurtling out to enjoy our wide open unfarmed spaces. Do we want to live a somewhere that looks like blade runner ?

Archived