Light the lamp of love for the leper

dafodil

When I was a very young I attended Gleadless congregation church or chapel on the corner of Gleadless Common .

At that time they gave all the children a compressed cardboard box in the shape of a lantern .

Written on this box was the words. Light the lamp of love for the leper. I remember my enthusiasm getting family members to fill this box with Penny's and hapenys .

you do not hear about leprosy at all these days does any one else remember those box collections.

When I was a very young I attended Gleadless congregation church or chapel on the corner of Gleadless Common .

At that time they gave all the children a compressed cardboard box in the shape of a lantern .

Written on this box was the words. Light the lamp of love for the leper. I remember my enthusiasm getting family members to fill this box with Penny's and hapenys .

you do not hear about leprosy at all these days does any one else remember those box collections.

Some churches still give out similar boxes to collect money for the leprosy mission.

Archived