Why complain about something you don't use?

I am confused by people who complain about things they dont use. There is a rant about Starbucks on the Sheffield forum. If you dont like starbucks dont use it.

There is people complaining about page 3 in the Sun newspaper again why when they can excersise choice by not paying for the Sun.

Do people like to complain or do they not understand the basic concept of a capitalist system. If you dont want it dont buy it.

I am confused by people who complain about things they dont use. There is a rant about Starbucks on the Sheffield forum. If you dont like starbucks dont use it.

There is people complaining about page 3 in the Sun newspaper again why when they can excersise choice by not paying for the Sun.

Do people like to complain or do they not understand the basic concept of a capitalist system. If you dont want it dont buy it.

Because some people take pleasure out of trying to control the lives of others. :(

People complain about Page 3 in the Sun because it is seen to objectify women.

(Not really a difficult concept to grasp.)

Ok so the solution you want is for it to stop. If everybody stopped buying papers with page 3 in and women stopped applying for jobs as glamour models then the paper would go out of circulation. Simple capitalist principle of supply and demand (not really a difficult concept to grasp is it, its like voting but with your money).

There its demand for black market weapons, for sex slavery, sale of rare animal parts etc etc I don't buy any of those things.

So long as there is demand for things it's ok?

These things are banned for a reason for the harm and damage they cause. Page 3 models are not being exploited they are paid hansomly for doing very little work.

The Sun newspaper is baught by the law abiding majority who clearly do not see a need for page 3 to be banned.

I do belive in banning things but only when it causes harm. Seeing a pair of breasts does not cause harm.

There its demand for black market weapons, for sex slavery, sale of rare animal parts etc etc I don't buy any of those things.

So long as there is demand for things it's ok?

^^^What he says.

There's a sliding scale of applying moral decisions upon a population, from deciding that murder, theft and rape are wrong to enforcing a belief in the flying spaghetti monster.

If you are arguing that one should not be bothered with what other people want then you do need to consider that there 'what other people want' can include a whole load of things that you may find deeply offensive and/or inappropriate.

Lines are drawn in all societies- all that happens in different cultures is to draw them in slightly different places.

You are confused.

If you don't want it, don't buy it, or as you point out here, ban it.

I do belive in banning things but only when it causes harm

Presumably you're going to be in charge of what is harmful and what isn't. I look forward to your comprehensive list.

These things are banned for a reason for the harm and damage they cause. Page 3 models are not being exploited they are paid hansomly for doing very little work.

The Sun newspaper is baught by the law abiding majority who clearly do not see a need for page 3 to be banned.

I do belive in banning things but only when it causes harm. Seeing a pair of breasts does not cause harm.

Which is exactly my point. You don't think topless girls in paper hurts anyone, other people do.

Someone has to decide foe each society. We generally accept sex with kids is wrong, other societies think it's fine.

We have drawn the line on what is acceptable in a different place and a lot of people would be happy to see practices I mentioned outlawed and would campaign for that, standing up for what they believe it's right.

people complaining about page 3 have drawn the line about acceptability in a different place and are expressing their opinion in the same way I'd expect the majority of people in the UK would express their dislike for activities elsewhere that are standard practice and accepted in those places.

Archived