Why complain about something you don't use?

I am confused by people who complain about things they dont use. There is a rant about Starbucks on the Sheffield forum. If you dont like starbucks dont use it.

There is people complaining about page 3 in the Sun newspaper again why when they can excersise choice by not paying for the Sun.

Do people like to complain or do they not understand the basic concept of a capitalist system. If you dont want it dont buy it.

Er ... so, let's just sit down and think this through, shall we?

Basically, you're complaining about people who complain about things they don't want to use? You're saying that there's a choice in this ... that they don't have to use it in the first place?

Now, pardon me for seeming a little pedantic/confused here ... doesn't your complaint about the people who complain, conform to the same rules that you're complaining about in the first place? Surely, you don't have to read these complainers complaints? :huh:

I was going to complain about you complaining about the complainers who complain about stuff, but that would just make me look daft! :roll:

I am confused by people who complain about things they dont use. There is a rant about Starbucks on the Sheffield forum. If you dont like starbucks dont use it.

There is people complaining about page 3 in the Sun newspaper again why when they can excersise choice by not paying for the Sun.

Do people like to complain or do they not understand the basic concept of a capitalist system. If you dont want it dont buy it.

It gives saddos a purpose in life.

Ok so the solution you want is for it to stop. If everybody stopped buying papers with page 3 in and women stopped applying for jobs as glamour models then the paper would go out of circulation. Simple capitalist principle of supply and demand (not really a difficult concept to grasp is it, its like voting but with your money).

But there's another option that is currently perfectly legal and reasonable- that is to complain and/or campaign about it, in a effort to make it stop.

It sounds like you're complaining a bit there- I thought you didn't like complaints :)

People do, I think understand the capitalist system. But, as I mentioned above, part of our current system is that people can complain/campaign to get things they don't like changed- do you not understand that? If so, why are you complaining about it- you could exercise your choice by simply moving to a country with a system that doesn't allow such a mechanism for change.

If someone was pointing a gun at me,and I complained that would be justified even though I never use guns personally.Starbucks will welcome such feedback so they may improve services,and they have research staff who oversee the forums.Thats why people complain etc.

It's bought by a minority of evolutionary throwbacks, for whom mammary glands are hugely exciting.

Are you saying that men who like the Page 3 girls are somehow rather primitive?What do sophisticates like yourself find hugely exciting-Scalextric,water polo,reading the phone book?

I dont read the Sun but you are being very patronising madam.

A small group are crying to censor things. They then get banned, spoiling the fun of the masses that didn't mind it, or liked it.

Where does it end though? so much is being censored these days, many people told they can't say what is on their minds even.

If people just minded their own business instead of getting offended at every damn little thing...

People really do need to behave themselves.

Archived