Popple street chip shop

pigeon

Believe it was the Poxons who owned the chippy. Think they live just up from you dogsneck but across the road. Not sure but i think they had one on lloyd st too what turned into the Hairdressers that the Goddards had

I can`t remember a chippy on Lloyd street

I can`t remember a chippy on Lloyd street

no I cant either? can remember the hair dressers on corner though ! John Innocent was always lurking around that area :think he was after young Geena :hihi:they were both around 14 yrs old at the time ...

no I cant either? can remember the hair dressers on corner though ! John Innocent was always lurking around that area :think he was after young Geena :hihi:they were both around 14 yrs old at the time ...

I remember a grocery shop on one corner but that was way back and the hairdressers on the other but not a chippy

Just had it confirmed by the Oracle that is my Mother The poxons ran a chippy that was on the corner of lloyd st. Was run by Mrs poxons Sister

It must have stopped being a chippy in the 1950's I think. I seem to remember Sue Utley (went on to marry Bev Foster) worked at it when it was a hairdressers in the 60's. I have Bev's email address & will ask what Sue remembers.

Dont actually remember it as a chippy myself but just seem to remember been told they owned it. Yes John had a sister caalled Judith. Grocery shop was Skidmores shut about 1970. And Gina Goddard was about 6 yrs younger than John Innocent

I remember judith very well used to knock about with pam suckle and diane hall wow all these names are flooding back .Skidmoors thats the name .I used to get my mix ups from there:hihi::hihi:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived