Popple street chip shop

pigeon

John Innocent actually used to hang around the corner of Lloyed street because that happened to be where is mates lived. You would see them most days after school playing football on Hinde street between Lloyed st and Wade st. Paul carr, alan beresford ,John johnson, richard ainsbury,Craig hockenhull, darren goddard.

John Innocent actually used to hang around the corner of Lloyed street because that happened to be where is mates lived. You would see them most days after school playing football on Hinde street between Lloyed st and Wade st. Paul carr, alan beresford ,John johnson, richard ainsbury,Craig hockenhull, darren goddard.

Was a good place to play football on Hinde Street. I can remember the goal painted onto the side of someones house. I saw john last week. Dont know who was the better at football tho, John or Paul Carr

Was a good place to play football on Hinde Street. I can remember the goal painted onto the side of someones house. I saw john last week. Dont know who was the better at football tho, John or Paul Carr

well it wernt you? you had a pot on your leg for years who were john and paul i cant recall the names mate?

I don't know if we are talking around the same time peroid, but a few more names from that area who's hang out was in front of Spinks butchers and Gilberts newsagent opposite Owler Lane School, Nip Gayden, Geoff Ayres, Gordon Kay and Terry Wilson who I believe all lived in and around the streets already mentioned, had been in Reform Chapel's Boys Brigade with Gordon and Terry and at some point saw Terry at Catterick Army Camp while we were both on National Service. One little story about 'Nip' though (can't remember his first name) during the years that I knew him, when he was 'Hanging' as they say, you could not pass him without getting some agro, either by belligerent or physical intimidating behaviour. Now henceforth a few years he's out of the Forces I presumed like I was, Nips standing there, I'm thinking and not knowing what to expect, Nip grabs my hand and pumps it like crazy and with an entirely different attitude and tone of voice 'hello there my old friend', 'how nice to see you after all this time', 'well how's life been treating you?' and we proceed to catch up, I have to admit it left me with a very warm feeling and a little faith in humanity.

I don't know if we are talking around the same time peroid, but a few more names from that area who's hang out was in front of Spinks butchers and Gilberts newsagent opposite Owler Lane School, Nip Gayden, Geoff Ayres, Gordon Kay and Terry Wilson who I believe all lived in and around the streets already mentioned, had been in Reform Chapel's Boys Brigade with Gordon and Terry and at some point saw Terry at Catterick Army Camp while we were both on National Service. One little story about 'Nip' though (can't remember his first name) during the years that I knew him, when he was 'Hanging' as they say, you could not pass him without getting some agro, either by belligerent or physical intimidating behaviour. Now henceforth a few years he's out of the Forces I presumed like I was, Nips standing there, I'm thinking and not knowing what to expect, Nip grabs my hand and pumps it like crazy and with an entirely different attitude and tone of voice 'hello there my old friend', 'how nice to see you after all this time', 'well how's life been treating you?' and we proceed to catch up, I have to admit it left me with a very warm feeling and a little faith in humanity.

A little bit before my time but National service should be brought back I reckon it would do more good than harm!

• 1 month later...

Archived