Can i tax my car if the mot is due

Direct.gov says . . .

You must produce an MOT test certificate that’s valid on the day the tax disc comes into force. The certificate must be original, a photocopy is not acceptable.

SO I reckon it's OK to tax it any time up to and including the 5th October with that certificate

As Priorylady says all you need is insurance.

If anyone has not got that it has to go on recovery for test.Or the garrage may collect on trade plates thats if they will and obviosly if they have them.Its, also possible to have it towed.And yes ive taxed 1 day before MOT runs out.

hi all my car tax has ran out so i was going to tax it in the morning but a friend says i can not tax it as the mot is due on the 6th of october and it must have 14days of mot left is this true or can i tax it? cheers

Forgive me posters if i am wrong, but what i think the posters are thinking is normally if you go and tax your car in October you are taxing it for the beginning november so no they would not allow you to do that, but if you go on October 1st and tax your car to start at the beginning of October and the MOT runs out on the 6th of October you would be O.K

Archived