Does the forum encourage low quality posts?

Waldo

Given that everything we post on SF, becomes the intellectual property of the forum owners; and, that at any time, anything we do post may be deleted from the forum, if it doesn't meet with the agenda of the forum owners...

Does such an environment encourage or discourage you, to invest the time and energy, and to share the best of your thoughts and insights with others forum users?

Or is the culture such, that you just think and feel, why bother?

Given that everything we post on SF, becomes the intellectual property of the forum owners; and, that at any time, anything we do post may be deleted from the forum, if it doesn't meet with the agenda of the forum owners...

Does such an environment encourage or discourage you, to invest the time and energy, and to share the best of your thoughts and insights with others forum users?

I expect 50% of my posts to get removed, in fact, I almost expect to be banned every time I log in. But no complaints, if you live by the sword and all that :D

Absolutely live by the sword, and all that!

To be clear, I'm not at all interested in changing the culture here, or complaining that it is such, and I'm sure the mods do their best too; and can imagine it's a pretty thankless task.

Sometimes though, you just want to debate and share information and ideas in a safe and cordial environment, where everything isn't prone to go 'poof' (and vanish) at the drop of hat.

Sometimes though, you just want to debate and share information and ideas in a safe and cordial environment, where everything isn't prone to go 'poof' (and vanish) at the drop of hat.

Well you know how it is, people are weak, no strength of character, would rather report every post that offends their delicate nature than develop a tough skin and fight their corner. An absolutely essential trait to survive in the world today. I blame the parents.

And don't feel too sorry for the mods, or any mods on any forum. I mean, if you want to volunteer your time for free, go help sick children or something. If you want to promote your business, learn there are far more effective ways to advertise locally. I'd love to hear why any mod would want to give their time for free to moderate a forum. Where is the benefit. I honestly don't see it.

On a side note, I wonder how I put myself forward as a mod, I'd make such a great mod.

To be honest it's blatantly obvious what that agenda it is fairly easy not to waste your time - just don't put a massive effort into posting something that doesn't fit it with that agenda because it will disappear.

Incidentally, you do realise this will be disappearing in 5,4,3,2,1..........

No, this thread is staying, we are discussing the forum, so to anyone thinking of reporting this thread or deleting it, grow a pair and stand up for yourself and post your input.

Archived