Concerns over a childs behaviour.

I often wonder how schools can defend their lack of action with bullies. If a child goes to school with the wrong colour socks on they get sent home, a child goes to school beats the living day lights out if another child and nothing. What I can understand us that if your child was to suffer the same sort of abuse at home the social services would be on your back like a shot but yet it seems its perfectly acceptable for a child to be subject to physical abuse in an institute that you are forced by law to send your child but yet are unwilling to protect your child. So why is it unacceptable for a child's welfare to be at risk at home yet perfectly fine for them to be at risk at school?

I posted on another thread about my grandsons treatment at the school he was at. He was one of 3 boys who were the only non muslim pupils,In R.I he refused to write Allah blessed be his name,first he was given detention,5times,then he was suspended until he consented to conform, he refused to do soand the school would not allow him back. Finally the education dept. said they would take my daughter to Court for his non attendence, and warned her that this summons carried the possibility of a prison sentence. she was refused home tutoring. the timing was bad because he was swatting for GCSE's

Which school was that then?

The parents cannot force the school to have the aggressor removed - nor, in my opinion, should they have the right to.

Would you be happy to have to go to work each day - perhaps for the next 13 years - with someone who was unpredictably violent towards you?

Or would you expect your employers - or someone - to stop it?

I had similar issues with one of my kjids bgeing bullied.

The school werent interested.

The governours didnt care.

The LEA were a joke.,

In the end i moved schools for my kids saftey, found out where the bullies lived, had a drive round and gave their dad the pasting of his life. He squeeled like a pig

"no, please, dont hit me, dont hit me, its not my fault dont hit me"

Funnily enough i hear the kids dont bully anyone anymore and my child can now get on with her learning. She excels in most classes and loves her new school.

Long story short.

A young girl i know was attacked at her school by a known bully.

Its a primary school and the girl is 9. So is the boy.

Last week the bully grabbed the girl by the throat, punched her in the tummy then in an aggresive manner said "i want your p***y"

This girl had no idea of the meaning but obviously was hurt buy the physical attack and now the parents are fearful for the girls saftey and that of the rest of the kid in the class.

They spoke to the school who when pressed would NOT garentee the girls saftey from this boys atacks saying they could not 100% be sure it wouldnt happen again. Of course the parents arent happy and are seeking legal advice.

My concern is that this boy is using words and phrases that are sexually explicit going so far as to make sexual gestures in the play ground towards other girls and even some of the mums.

This cant be right!

The parents also told the school they would be informing social services and the schools attitude was one of "well go on then, they will only tell you to speak to us".

Should they be worried?

What can they do to have this boy removed from school and placed somewhere more suitable or do they have to wait for the sexual talk to become an attack before anyone does anything.

Advice would be welcomed.

Thank you.

\

This sounds like it is based on hearsay with salient details missing.Of course no school can give cast iron guarantees about childrens conduct,in the same way that no school can eliminate bullying.What they can do is to take appropriate steps to remedy poor conduct.

Where do you think they can send poorly behaved children?It will need to follow a series of procedural steps to comply with the law etc.How can social services help-it lies outside their jurisdiction?

\

This sounds like it is based on hearsay with salient details missing.Of course no school can give cast iron guarantees about childrens conduct,in the same way that no school can eliminate bullying.What they can do is to take appropriate steps to remedy poor conduct.

Where do you think they can send poorly behaved children?It will need to follow a series of procedural steps to comply with the law etc.How can social services help-it lies outside their jurisdiction?

An approved school away from normal kids?

Bullies are vile and schools who support them by not tackling the issue are just as responsible as the bullies who throw the punches.

I posted on another thread about my grandsons treatment at the school he was at. He was one of 3 boys who were the only non muslim pupils,In R.I he refused to write Allah blessed be his name,first he was given detention,5times,then he was suspended until he consented to conform, he refused to do soand the school would not allow him back. Finally the education dept. said they would take my daughter to Court for his non attendence, and warned her that this summons carried the possibility of a prison sentence. she was refused home tutoring. the timing was bad because he was swatting for GCSE's
No one should ever be forced to write such words. That is a disgusting thing to do to a child. A serious, serious abuse!

They would have been very foolish otherwise. Of course they cannot offer a 100% guarantee - no school can.

The parents cannot force the school to have the aggressor removed - nor, in my opinion, should they have the right to.

The way through this is through dialogue with the school; parents getting lawyered up and stroppy won't help anyone.

Yes, that's right - wisdom indeed! The bullied child should be forced to move, not the bully. It's their fault for not standing up for themselves. People should be more accepting of bullying. I mean, it's not like it's unreasonable behaviour or anything, particularly if there's a sexual note to it. Perfectly normal I'd say. If yer don't want yer children to be bullied, take them out of school!

An approved school away from normal kids?

Bullies are vile and schools who support them by not tackling the issue are just as responsible as the bullies who throw the punches.

I think approved schools were phased out in the 1960s,which shows how easily and quickly we become out of touch.If you send all the bullies to this school,it will simply prepare them for a life in prison.An effective school deals with bullies within the school context rather than stigmatising them.I sense you may have been bullied and naturally you display antipathy to them.

My view is all people are potential bullies/victims and we should address the behaviour not the person,as you advocate.

Archived