Muslim protestors burn temples and attack Bangledesh villages

Out of interest ANGELFIRE1, what do you think about the person who posted the image? Do you think they should be applauded or castigated?

As a laid back Christian I suppose my answer would be simply to turn the other cheek.

I have great difficulty and little admiration for a small group of so called religeous people who do what our Muslim friends do towards anyone who posts images, or burn books or do any other minor deed they think offensive.

Maybe the "offended Muslim" should just - turn the other cheek, and get on with their lives.

Angel.

Out of interest ANGELFIRE1, what do you think about the person who posted the image? Do you think they should be applauded or castigated?

I agree they should be ignored, precisely because they did it to provoke a reaction.

But Halibut I see what you're trying to do. Because some Muslims have done something which is absolutely inexcusable your response is to try to deflect blame to the person who posted the image. It's a bit of a distraction technique isn't it? Forget who actually attacked the Buddhists and blame it on somebody, anybody else as long as it's not a Muslim.

It's a bit like a woman in the street being rude to a man so he goes home and beats his wife. Of course it would be the fault of the rude woman in your book, not the person who struck the blows.

there again if thats what you get for a page of the koran what kind of payback are the buddhists owed for the two massive bamiyan buddhas the muslims blew to bits in afghanistan

I can't remember any buddhists burning down mosques anywhere in the world when that happend

No but there were the recent cases of Myanmar Buddhist monks taking to the streets in Mandalay recently to support the government's brutal persecution of stateless Muslim Rohingya.

Unfortunately the press don't like to highlight Buddhists behaving idiotically but are more than happy to oblige when it comes to casting Muslims in a bad light.

I've said it a thousand times before, people can call themselves what they want but unless they act in accordance with what their holy books/scriptures teach (which in the case of the Tipitaka/Quran is peace, although none of them actively condemn war) it doesn't make them Buddhist/Muslim. The words are active, adherhants of both religions are only 'Buddhists'/'Muslims' if they act in a certain way.

If someone doesn't submit to the will of Allah (ie, follow the Quran) they can call themselves 'Muslim' until they are blue in the face, it doesn't make them one, only by doing the action do they become Muslim.

As a laid back Christian I suppose my answer would be simply to turn the other cheek.

I have great difficulty and little admiration for a small group of so called religeous people who do what our Muslim friends do towards anyone who posts images, or burn books or do any other minor deed they think offensive.

Maybe the "offended Muslim" should just - turn the other cheek, and get on with their lives.

Angel.

That's exactly what they should do, excellent post.

I agree they should be ignored, precisely because they did it to provoke a reaction.

But Halibut I see what you're trying to do. Because some Muslims have done something which is absolutely inexcusable your response is to try to deflect blame to the person who posted the image. It's a bit of a distraction technique isn't it? Forget who actually attacked the Buddhists and blame it on somebody, anybody else as long as it's not a Muslim.

It's a bit like a woman in the street being rude to a man so he goes home and beats his wife. Of course it would be the fault of the rude woman in your book, not the person who struck the blows.

You've completely misunderstood my intent; I'm not suggesting in any way that violence is acceptable. It isn't.

Your analogy is a misrepresentation of my views also. The person responsible for the violence is the person who inflicts it on others.

I'm suggesting that those who post such images are reckless and foolish.

One has to wonder about the mindset of whoever posted that image.

One has to wonder yes, particularly since the image was tagged to somebody's Facebook account.

Which mindset is more motivated, the one that wants his house burning down or the one that wants somebody else's burning down?

:(

Do you know, that is a truly brilliant analogy to Halibut's strange philosophy!

Archived