1/2p . . . . . . .

If it's the half (new) penny piece I would say it's worth less than it was when they were in circulation. I regularly used to just throw mine away! I mean you had to have 200 of them to make up a quid!....They were completely useless!

It would have be fun to see the bus drivers face when you gave him 400 of them for a journey into the city centre!

Yes that would be amusing, but I suspect they wouldn't accept them, and anyway, the fare probably wasn't £2 when the old half-penny was legal tender!...:hihi:

If it's the half (new) penny piece I would say it's worth less than it was when they were in circulation. I regularly used to just throw mine away! I mean you had to have 200 of them to make up a quid!....They were completely useless!

They weren't when they were first issued. How long before the 1p, 2p 5p and 10p follow the same fate?

They weren't when they were first issued. How long before the 1p, 2p 5p and 10p follow the same fate?

Well, already I think the 1p and the 2p are pretty much redundant, although I don't throw them away, I just throw them in a jar at home, and then cash them once every 12 months or so for 'real' money!

Wait till we're in the euro ... they seem to very rarely use denominations below 50 cents in restaurants and bars! I can see the penny going, its more of an irritation these days.

I can't see us ever being in the Euro!....Basically I think the 'majority' of people wouldn't want to relinquish the good old pound sterling!...I think there would be uproar if someone proposed switching!

Archived