Muslim Rage-a different view?

What Islamic books?

Can these Islamic books be verified by either offical Islamic sources or recognised historians?

If so please share that information with us.

I'm particularly interested in the source for Mohammad and his followers acts of ''mass murdering rapist slave trading plunderers'.

Look it up, its all available online. go to Islamic sites.

Timeline of Muhammad's Life (A.D)

570 - Born in Mecca

576 - Orphaned upon death of mother

595 - Marries Kadijah - older, wealthy widow

610 - Reports first revelations from angel at age of 40

619 - Protector uncle dies

622 - Emigrates from Mecca to Medina (the Hijra)

623 - Orders raids on Meccan caravans

624 - Battle of Badr (victory)

624 - Evicts Qaynuqa Jews from Medina

624 - Orders the assassination of Abu Afak

624 - Orders the assassination of Asma bint Marwan

624 - Orders the assassination of Ka'b al-Ashraf

625 - Battle of Uhud (defeat)

625 - Evicts Nadir Jews

627 - Battle of the Trench (victory)

627 - Massacre of the Qurayza Jews

628 - Signing of the Treaty of Hudaibiya with Mecca

628 - Destruction and subjugation of the Khaybar Jews

629 - Orders first raid into Christian lands at Muta (defeat)

630 - Conquers Mecca by surprise (along with other tribes)

631 - Leads second raid into Christian territory at Tabuk (no battle)

632 - Dies

Look it up, its all available online. go to Islamic sites.

Timeline of Muhammad's Life (A.D)

570 - Born in Mecca

576 - Orphaned upon death of mother

595 - Marries Kadijah - older, wealthy widow

610 - Reports first revelations from angel at age of 40

619 - Protector uncle dies

622 - Emigrates from Mecca to Medina (the Hijra)

623 - Orders raids on Meccan caravans

624 - Battle of Badr (victory)

624 - Evicts Qaynuqa Jews from Medina

624 - Orders the assassination of Abu Afak

624 - Orders the assassination of Asma bint Marwan

624 - Orders the assassination of Ka'b al-Ashraf

625 - Battle of Uhud (defeat)

625 - Evicts Nadir Jews

627 - Battle of the Trench (victory)

627 - Massacre of the Qurayza Jews

628 - Signing of the Treaty of Hudaibiya with Mecca

628 - Destruction and subjugation of the Khaybar Jews

629 - Orders first raid into Christian lands at Muta (defeat)

630 - Conquers Mecca by surprise (along with other tribes)

631 - Leads second raid into Christian territory at Tabuk (no battle)

632 - Dies

I have looked it up, in fact I'm sat here now at my desk putting together a short biography of Mohammad's life for a book I'm writing.

That's why I asked you specifically Can these Islamic books be verified by either offical Islamic sources or recognised historians?

That means can you verify what you are saying in context from the Quran, hadith that do not contradict the Quran or through actual historic records.

Live how Jesus lived today, WHAT WOULD THE RESULT BE?

Nobody knows the history of Jesus. He's barely even noted. Not within Roman history or Jewish history. His story was built by his followers, and is mostly myth.

The problem Muhammed has here is that he was a real person and did real things that human beings do; like get married and build armies. Christianity when translated into a real world of fighting for power was equally as capable invading foreign lands and killing people.

To compare an idealised Christ with the real world of Islam is not a fare comparison. All religion has the ability to be brutal.

Nobody knows the history of Jesus. He's barely even noted. Not within Roman history or Jewish history. His story was built by his followers, and is mostly myth.

The problem Muhammed has here is that he was a real person and did real things that human beings do; like get married and build armies. Christianity when translated into a real world of fighting for power was equally as capable invading foreign lands and killing people.

To compare an idealised Christ with the real world of Islam is not a fare comparison. All religion has the ability to be brutal.

To quote another poster-

How dare you interupt this thread with facts???

How very dare you?!?!?!

Incidentally before others start moaning again about me 'defending Islam'-I was brought up in a seriously Christian household, not the lite version that gets trotted out for Xmas, weddings, christenings and funerals but the proper "let's follow the scripture" variety.

It's for that reason I'm no longer a believer (in any religion) because the hypocrisy, inconsistencies and fallacy that becomes apparent from studying it is quite nauseating.

I have looked it up, in fact I'm sat here now at my desk putting together a short biography of Mohammad's life for a book I'm writing.

That's why I asked you specifically Can these Islamic books be verified by either offical Islamic sources or recognised historians?

That means can you verify what you are saying in context from the Quran, hadith that do not contradict the Quran or through actual historic records.

Here you go

http://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/index.htm

Compare to two men as they are known now, not the religion the men. Look how one then the other lived. My point stands.

Edited by gotone

Compare to two men as they are known now, not the religion the men. Look how one the the other lived. My point stands.

But you're comparing ancient fantasies, it'd be more instructive to compare Linda Lovelace to Mary Millington.

To quote another poster-

How dare you interupt this thread with facts???

How very dare you?!?!?!

Incidentally before others start moaning again about me 'defending Islam'-I was brought up in a seriously Christian household, not the lite version that gets trotted out for Xmas, weddings, christenings and funerals but the proper "let's follow the scripture" variety.

It's for that reason I'm no longer a believer (in any religion) because the hypocrisy, inconsistencies and fallacy that becomes apparent from studying it is quite nauseating.

Yes I get that alot too.

Like you, I'm not defending Islam, just putting forward an alternative viewpoint to the often very one sided ideas we get presented with day in and day out by people who's idea of Islam is regurgitating a small number of misrepresented nutters on the news and in the press.

I'm not a Muslim, there are many aspects of Islam I don't agree with, but everything I disagree with comes from Islam, not some third party with an axe to grind against it or an agenda to push from 'within' it.