Muslim Rage-a different view?

I can see that some folk clearly don't really have jobs and spend time on here just to fill the day.

..and there's the pot calling boyfriday 'black' :hihi:

Ps: some of us are retired, work shifts, are of independent means, posting whilst travelling (mobile technology's wonderful you know), taking a break from work...lots of reasons for being able to post during the day other than not being in employment.

Following the despicable scenes played out by some Muslims following the release of the anti Islamic film, I came across a couple of articles which put a slightly different spin on the post release reaction.

Whilst both appear to be Islam sponsored charm offensives, it certainly demonstrates the power of the media, and how views can be affected by the way an event is reported and whether they're reported in the first place.

The most compelling quote from the first link is point 6,

6. The pope visited Lebanon at the height of the tension, and Hezbollah leaders attended his sermon, refrained from protesting the film until he left, and called for religious tolerance. Yes, this happened.

The pope could have been forgiven for taking his bat home and not making the trip given the negative media, but I hope his visit encouraged Muslims, Jews, Christians and the wider world alike.

http://en.avaaz.org/783/muslim-rage-protests-newsweek-salafists?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social_media&utm_content=_bottom&utm_campaign=stop-the-clash?v=104613120929

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19594442

I wonder whether the anti Islamic protests in the west would have had the same venom if articles such as this had been more visible:

https://en.avaaz.org/755/not-in-our-name-libyans-reject-terror

Incidentally, this thread does not seek to make excuses for Islamic extremists or those who protested violently against the film, they're a disgrace to their faith and humanity generally.

Is all about influencing public opinion isn't it? All muslims want an islamic world, even if some of them won't admit it. The only difference is how they go about achieving their objectives, but it will all turn to violence sooner or later as history has shown time and time again.

Is all about influencing public opinion isn't it? All muslims want an islamic world, even if some of them won't admit it.

You know this through mind reading I assume?

And I assume this is different other religions, all of which are positive examples of tolerance?

Is all about influencing public opinion isn't it? All muslims want an islamic world, even if some of them won't admit it. The only difference is how they go about achieving their objectives, but it will all turn to violence sooner or later as history has shown time and time again.

Why do those who move from Islamic states move to Western states when they already live in an Islamic state fulfilling their desire to be Islamic?

You think all Muslims wake in the morning with one thought....

"kill the infidels".....

Of course...after they've dropped kids to school, finished a days work, fed the kids, cleaned the house and Taxi and putting their feet up for a couple of hours.

http://www.islamic-dictionary.com/sites/all/modules/idsearch/sounds/allahuakbar.wav

..you're quite right there since you're putting your own spin on the OP.

I'm sorry boyfriday but I think this is a weak attempt to counter some of the anti Muslim threads that frequent this forum. There is nothing unfair in these threads by nature. Maybe some of the users use the bad things Muslims do for a racist agenda, but without a subject to discuss, these people would disappear.

It is racist though. You are attempting to prove that there are some nice Muslims. Well of course there are.

Its my opinion that some none Muslims patronizing attitude to Muslims, as a whole, does them no good, in fact it does them great harm.

Why do those who move from Islamic states move to Western states when they already live in an Islamic state fulfilling their desire to be Islamic?

You think all Muslims wake in the morning with one thought....

"kill the infidels".....

Of course...after they've dropped kids to school, finished a days work, fed the kids, cleaned the house and Taxi and putting their feet up for a couple of hours.

http://www.islamic-dictionary.com/sites/all/modules/idsearch/sounds/allahuakbar.wav

Are you inferring all Muslims are taxi drivers..?

When the rest of the world wakes up it will be messy.

I'm sorry boyfriday but I think this is a weak attempt to counter some of the anti Muslim threads that frequent this forum. There is nothing unfair in these threads by nature. Maybe some of the users use the bad things Muslims do for a racist agenda, but without a subject to discuss, these people would disappear.

It is racist though. You are attempting to prove that there are some nice Muslims. Well of course there are.

Its my opinion that some none Muslims patronizing attitude to Muslims, as a whole, does them no good, in fact it does them great harm.

You're claiming that it's racist to try to show that some Muslims (not a race by the way) are nice?